• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Love Mix-Up! GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed what I read of this manga. It's so much fun and the characters are so endearing (I love big nice idiot characters like Ida). The fact that it has a main character who is seemingly bisexual (and I hope they keep it like that rather than "i thought i was straight but I'm gay") and the general acceptance towards male love is really good.
wolf10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 pm Reply with quote
To be fair, that does happen in reality a lot more than people want to admit (thanks, heteronormative defaults!), but I would like that a lot, too, honestly. The last thing I read with halfway-decent bisexual acceptance was 3P Hajimemashita!, but even that couldn't resist throwing a curveball to render the whole thing moot. (Also read most of Sasaki and Miyano recently in search of the same, but Miyano's sole female "crush" came across a lot more like a manifestation of his internalized homophobia than a legitimate heterosexual attraction.)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I had been wondering if/when this title might get a review. I have to say this does sound rather promising and I think I have another title to check out. I mean what's 1 more title upon the dozen r more I have started lately lol.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:04 am Reply with quote
I kind of have a headache after trying to figure out that opening paragraph, but it got me interested in the manga so I guess it worked lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1