• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Skeleton Knight in Another World (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am Reply with quote

Skeleton Knight in Another World (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy
Theme: isekai

Plot Summary: [quote]A gamer falls asleep—only to wake up in the world of the game he was playing. Arc has the powerful skills and weapons of his character, but there’s just one problem, he’s stuck looking like that character, too. An adventure in a fantastical new land awaits him, if he can get used to being a walking skeleton.

Apr. 7, 2022 (Thursdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Ep2. First off, nothing offensively icky in this ep. Second- pretty much a regular day of D & D style adventure. Hero goes out on a hoped-to-be small job, runs into worse than expected baddie, has a bit of work fighting it - not trivial - (minor spoiler for outcome ) spoiler[saves a pre-teen girl, defeats baddie. Not a routine fight, but not out of his competency.] A group of knights ( company sized? ) finds another similar and has 15 dead and 38 wounded before they kill it. And then they find the hero's work, ( minor ) spoiler[ finished with one strike,] which puts them on edge about the power of whoever did it. Maybe a bit of foreshadowing here.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:05 am Reply with quote
Yes, but considering how faithful it is to the light novels, there will probably be another scene that some will not like.

Glad this light novel series has gotten adapted.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:04 am Reply with quote
(She/Her)

i like it

the intro to S01E01 was a liiitle bit messed up , tho tbh i was kind of into it , in a weird way . i dunno . and then he comes in and spoiler[cuts them all in half for being rude] and i was like , well , okay , okay , fair , fair .

the characters are typical enough and also likeable enough . i left the tab open for the next episode in a few days .
MaritLage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:16 pm Reply with quote
.hM
.maybe that is a great eviL

Strix-tly better . Got it .
Snake_snack

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I liked this show way more than I expected. It was brutal in moments but overall very wholesome so far.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:42 am Reply with quote
One of the miraculous things about reading my bible are the stories of men and women becoming whole tribes , once there was a time when there was a person named Gad , there once were people whose names were Israel and Judah .

Imagine Mipple , from Pretty Cure , siring an entire lineage after their tenure with Nagisa and Honoka , retiring , raising a family that becomes a whole tribe that lives for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years , until they arrage their names by Given Family Town as a society ,

and one day one of those elves from that village meets a skeleton knight in another world .
MaritLage

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
target Hc IsArk| very impressive Ha
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

At least there was no rape this time.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm Reply with quote
S01E08
(She/Her)

we are invested in this show
des·

they had better code Yuriarna as female

it·s nice to see The Four of Us
getting so much representation lately
The Four Loha Goddesses
(Yes all four of us are Loha)

and i might have said it already
sed the intro and outro themes are poppin·
5 stars

Arc is cute as a skeleton ..!!
MaritLage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:27 pm Reply with quote
(She/Her)
S01E11

at this point i·m ready to tear some things to [expletive] shreds .

these Anime writers , editors , and artists have no psychic defense whatsoever . they·ll be sitting in front of the screen , tryna figure out what to write next , and some automated system is going to kick into high gear and wrap their head around a sudden complex and these authors who are in charge of meting out human destiny consistently warp the story to fit .

this system . has invisible components .

it·s one thing to recall an anime scene where the DM casts Dominate and the PC attacks their party member . that·s a game-type transaction with a balanced cost . then , though , it jumps to another isolation tank , and feeding Hollows lies until they turn on their progenitors . that is not a balanced game-type transaction , that is a consequence of Project Strix being able to print all these Mind-Hacking Prefabs without any oversight whatsoever .

If people do not figure this out much sooner than later , getting Eaten Alive is going to be a cakewalk compared to what people will know for sure they can get away with .

And you should pray to heaven that i·m not one of them .
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Nah, I couldn't really get into this one.

Not only was the first episode a very big turn-off for....obvious reasons...but it also doesn't offer much in themes or ideas that I personally find entertaining.

My friend loves it but...there are just many more fantasy shows I'd choose over this. I'm Going to Quit Hero-ing or Demon Lord is Reborn as Typical Nobody is much more my taste. (omg we need shorter names for these damn shows lol)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am Reply with quote
Whereas I preferred this one over the Quitting Hero and Demon Lord Nobody. Well, not surprising since I have MUCH better taste than Chiibi. Wink I kid, I kid!

I rated it Decent. I generally am not a huge fan of OverPoweredness but I didn't mind it with Bony M here. Part of it may be that I just think skeletons look cool. Oh and the show actually used the word Canada for one of its locations, so bonus points.

But yeah, objectively speaking, this was nothing special. Still kind of dug it though and there is obviously more story left, so...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:17 am Reply with quote
Comparing them, I think that I found this show a bit more entertaining in execution, but I still don't think that it was super high. The worst bit was its multiple uses of sexual assault that it used to build tension, which were really unneeded for the rest of the show. To me, it kind of came off like the great adult dark fantasy light novel/anime, Goblin Slayer, had sexual assault, that this one had to have it too. Although a quick search makes it look like Skeleton's light novel came out before GS.

The show could work on its own goofy self, where the main character isn't acting like some dark schemer along the lines Ainz, and is certainly a dork in his own right, but people are allowed to be dorks. I like that there wasn't really any drama with what he felt about his new predicament. I do think that the show played a little light with him being a skeleton, such as how does he eat, and also sneeze at the end? Where does the food and drink go?

My rating will be Good (7/10), I think that the important bit is that I kind of had fun. I didn't expect some in depth serious look at being in another world as a skeleton. And really could have left out the uncomfortable sexual assault scenes.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:46 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Whereas I preferred this one over the Quitting Hero and Demon Lord Nobody. Well, not surprising since I have MUCH better taste than Chiibi. Wink I kid, I kid!

Look, I just prefer watching pretty boys being cool without having rape in the plots, okay? Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2