• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hajime Isayama Draws Tribute Illustration For SPY×FAMILY Official Fanbook

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Paying back his former assistant...
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope he doesn't draw a Titan eating Anya or anyone of the adult characters, just like he did with the manga one of his assistants made in the past.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 am Reply with quote
I like the articles related to Mangaka and comic artists who draw their interpretations of another official franchises a lot. Seeing all the distinct drawing styles in comparison is really fun to see. I also like the special illustrations from the Shonen Jump anthology where one mangaka draws all the iconic protagonists of the other series from that magazine.

There should be more fanzine-like artbooks with official professional artists revolving a main theme or a certain franchise like this one. It's always interesting to see how each of them approach the themes and characters of the source material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1