• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile Game Launches on August 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:29 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they're going to dub this in English or leave it in Japanese only. If they do, I'm looking forward to finding out who will replace Vic in his most famous role.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:54 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I wonder if they're going to dub this in English or leave it in Japanese only. If they do, I'm looking forward to finding out who will replace Vic in his most famous role.

Honestly, as bad as Vic may be, I can’t really imagine anyone else voicing Ed in a potential English dub. We’ll see, though.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:18 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Honestly, as bad as Vic may be, I can’t really imagine anyone else voicing Ed in a potential English dub. We’ll see, though.

we will find out soon enough who replaces him in the live-action sequels,though.
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 am Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

I'm not exactly familiar with what went down with stuff involving this guy (not big on English dubs as they are rather irrelevant to me outside videogames) but it seems to me that the consensus lately (particularly on reddit and his twitter) has been that people are calling the whole thing a forgery of some sort (something about his religious beliefs, due to how he responded to a fan wanting their EdxAl thing signed, which he refused to do so).

Also something-something "the lawyer being incredibly incompetent and him being unstable in court screwed him completely".

But it does look like he is "uncanceled" and working with a new studio for voicework though (couldn't find an article on ANN to link to, but the name is like, Anime Matsuri, and caused some outrage on Twitter), maybe it wouldn't be as hard despite his blacklisting in the industry (he seems to still be extremely popular in fan conventions, too).
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 pm Reply with quote
No he was and is a creep tried to sue the internet for defamation failed to show up to court when ordered to lost and convicted a badly run fan con to rope in vo’s that had no idea he was involved to dub some shots that have no market only to fail to pay for distribution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1