• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cat Sh*t One Anime Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Fund Blu-ray 3D HD Release, BD/DVD Re-rele

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
What a niche Kickstarter, especially when it came out over 10 years ago. Sorta considering supporting it though, the extras are tempting
Cryten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many people liked this show. I found the idea of watching a war show of 3d CG animals shooting each other repugnant to my tastes.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:39 pm Reply with quote
The short back then was pretty awesome.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I wonder how many people liked this show. I found the idea of watching a war show of 3d CG animals shooting each other repugnant to my tastes.
Wait, was there even a show to begin with? I remember only the pilot episode with which they tried to pitch the show (and that is probably what it is), and that's it.

And yeah, it wasn't even about a "war" to begin with (manga itself was about Vietnam war, sure - but anime had nothing with it except the characters) - it was just like small episode about hostage rescue operation in Middle East by two G.I. rabbits (a clever pun made by manga). It was quite good though, if you just imagine to have something close to "Call of Duty, but with animals" than the actual war movie.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:04 pm Reply with quote
That's nice and all but I would prefer an animated series of Cat Shit One. The ova was great btw.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1