• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, December 12-18 [2022-12-24]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:01 am Reply with quote
It seems nothing can stop Pokémon, but the combined sales for Crisis Core amount to 156,530, and we have to take into account digital sales, which probably makes it the biggest opening week for a Final Fantasy spin-off since FF Explorers on the 3DS back in 2014. And just for comparison, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantast Origin debuted at 46,849 (PS4 and PS5 combined). Crisis Core did better on PlayStation but the FFVII series has always been associated with the PS brand, however the Switch version did pretty well, although according to Famitsu the Switch version was overstocked compared to the PS ones, but we'll see if the Switch version has strong legs.
In terms of hardware, the Switch family sold 173,083 units, the PS5 family sold 70,496 units and the Xbox Series family sold 910 units. Perhaps next year both Sony and Microsoft will solve its lack of stock issues, and Nintendo will finally eveal the Switch's successor
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1