• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana Game's Prologue Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Please let other places outside Japan get this.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Switch still has a way's to go before it has a complete collection of Y's games. But if IX (9) can run on the system I see no reason to put them all (besides V) on it. I only need Y's IV and IX to complete my collection on PC (again besides V).

I'd recommend people new to the series to start with VIII and if you just want a taste of history and what a good early CD based video game soundtrack sounds like Y's I&II. You don't need to play them in any order except I&II and maybe Origin (0) after those. All you need to know is Adol is the main character (except in Origin) and is like Link from the Legend of Zelda series and he tends to wash up on beaches when a new game starts (it's a meme).
Rosiero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:28 am Reply with quote
Why does the article keep calling it "The Oath if Felghana"? That's a really weird typo to make repeatedly.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Rosiero wrote:
Why does the article keep calling it "The Oath if Felghana"? That's a really weird typo to make repeatedly.

Not if they copied the first use of the title and kept pasting it into the article every time the mention the game's title. That's what I generally do if I know that I'm going to using the same phrase or title multiple times.
Zoltan Kakler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd love a collection of the PC Engine/Turbografix 16 versions of the Ys games. They're my favorite versions. I remember you could play them on the Wii Virtual Console. Or add in those classic versions as a bonus in the new releases of the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1