• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? V Anime Reveals Title, Fall Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:57 am Reply with quote
Can't wait! Bell looks great in a suit!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:53 am Reply with quote
Great. This has become my most anticipated show for 2024.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'll watch this. Is this arc going to be centered around the Waitress Girl? I thought DanMachi had forgotten she exists.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:26 pm Reply with quote
The Fall season can't come soon enough!
OniTasku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I guess I'll watch this. Is this arc going to be centered around the Waitress Girl? I thought DanMachi had forgotten she exists.

Without any spoilers, yes, she plays a major part in the upcoming arc.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

Lol no she wasn't forgtten. Just watch it and you're concerns will be addressed
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:58 pm Reply with quote
OniTasku wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

In fact, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say she's at the heart of everything that will happen in the upcoming arc.

I am a little curious to see how certain bits later in the arc will be handled, though, since these events specifically happen after some events in Sword Oratoria that haven't been animated yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 pm Reply with quote
^ As someone who reads Danmachi but doesn't read Sword Oratoria, I can see it just being adapted straight. You can just go "oh ok that's Sword Oratoria stuff I assume" and keep going with the story without really losing much
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait. I hope we can get the entire series animated at this pace (and a more of Sword)
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
OniTasku wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

In fact, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say she's at the heart of everything that will happen in the upcoming arc.

I am a little curious to see how certain bits later in the arc will be handled, though, since these events specifically happen after some events in Sword Oratoria that haven't been animated yet.

I think they'll just skip over it. Not the first time they've done stuff like that before and it certainly won't be the last.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
OniTasku wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

thats definitely going to be tricky! specifically for anime only readers for sword oratoria!

OniTasku wrote:

considering that ever anime viewer knows that she clearly have a personal connection to freiya and the latter will DEFINITELY have her claws into this upcoming incident, id say its an understatement!

though the real question is that will they have this series as two seperate cours again?

i mean, considering that the whole ryu arc had at least 22 eps and it covered three volumes of the source materials (12, 13 & 14) , its safe to say that this season will need another 22 to 24 ep run again since this arc will cover volumes 15, 16, 17 & 18 after all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
considering that ever anime viewer knows that she clearly have a personal connection to freiya and the latter will DEFINITELY have her claws into this upcoming incident, id say its an understatement!

though the real question is that will they have this series as two seperate cours again?

i mean, considering that the whole ryu arc had at least 22 eps and it covered three volumes of the source materials (12, 13 & 14) , its safe to say that this season will need another 22 to 24 ep run again since this arc will cover volumes 15, 16, 17 & 18 after all!

Its likely to be 2 cours again or at least I hope so. Vol 16-18 is especially long so theres a lot to cover. IMO if they do this arc in 1 cour it'll be like season 2 all over again and no one wants that.

The arc starts at vol 16. 15 is a collection of short stories that were compiled into a single vol. Omori rewrote the last story slightly so that it leads into the start of vol 16.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:25 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Quote:

Its likely to be 2 cours again or at least I hope so. Vol 16-18 is especially long so theres a lot to cover. IMO if they do this arc in 1 cour it'll be like season 2 all over again and no one wants that.

that would be for the best! if they try to do a xenos and attempt to squeeze this arc into another 12/13 ep season again, there is no way fans of the source material would be happy about it!

especially after some of them at the time extremely expressed their displeasure when it came to season 2 due to their decision to completely skip 75% of the entire rakia arc aka volume 8 considering that the LN revealed spoiler[ it was wrelf's family that were responsible for the ares familia invading orario! not to mention the whole thing with finn falling in love with lily and proposing to her!] same for its manga counterpart skipping the war game arc!

so JC Staff better not cut ANY corners concerning this season. otherwise i fear that this season will end up being its last one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1