• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Manga Ends in 5 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hopefully it sticks the landing.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad that we're at the end, but at the same time, I'm also happy. It's been a fun ride so far, and I look forward to the ending. I really hope for the best for these characters, especially with everything they've gone through.
InfinitySamurai

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised it's ending that soon, a lot of people could see it coming. U0 has been a bit underwhelming but i hope we can get a decent ending at least.

Completely forgot about the video games until the last line of the article mentioned them. I swear they got cancelled or maybe that was a rumor.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 pm Reply with quote
InfinitySamurai wrote:

Completely forgot about the video games until the last line of the article mentioned them. I swear they got cancelled or maybe that was a rumor.

The game might as well be cancelled, the hype is long over.
adifireearth

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Fairy taill 100 year quest will continue?
lealex

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 3:37 pm Reply with quote
adifireearth wrote:
Fairy taill 100 year quest will continue?

Apparently that's in its final arc too, but not nearly as close to ending.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Word has it that Mashima had to extend the finale by three chapters to fit a full 9-chapter volume, meaning it could've ended in 2 chapters from now. In that vein, Rave Master had its finale cut short by a couple chapters for a similar reason, while Fairy Tail's finale was about as long as he expected. Funny how it works like that.

It makes you wonder what he had to change, though, since the latest chapter ended with spoiler[Shiki taming the Chronophage in a battle that has all the trademarks of a traditional final Mashima villain, despite the Chronophage not being the main villain, whose own defeat several chapters ago was so quick and anticlimactic that it seems too good to be true, if you ask me.]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 4:43 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to believe it's ending. I've really been enjoying the series so I hope it ends well.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:41 pm Reply with quote
InfinitySamurai wrote:
Not surprised it's ending that soon, a lot of people could see it coming. U0 has been a bit underwhelming but i hope we can get a decent ending at least.

The mobile game actually released about two years ago and ended service this February.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The magazine's 30th issue will publish the manga's final chapter on June 26.

RAVE ended July 27. FT ended July 26. EZ breaks the July (7) cycle and ends 1 full month early. Mashima's next manga should start next year either the last week of June or 1st week of August to keep the streak of launching next to RAVE's launch month (7).
lealex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 6:51 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Quote:
The magazine's 30th issue will publish the manga's final chapter on June 26.

RAVE ended July 27. FT ended July 26. EZ breaks the July (7) cycle and ends 1 full month early. Mashima's next manga should start next year either the last week of June or 1st week of August to keep the streak of launching next to RAVE's launch month (7).

Only if he's crazy enough to pile another project on it to fill the void while doing 100 Years Quest storyboards, Dead Rock, and the three or so other non-manga projects.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1