• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Industry Panel [2011-07-31]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote
AHEM!According to this transcript of Viz Otakon panel that I'm about to quote on, there was a question concerning the Reborn! series.
Quote:
12:49:41 <bay> Q: Dubbed reborn?
12:49:45 <bay> Or DVD release?
12:50:04 <bay> A: Crunchyroll has that, we only have the manga license
12:50:17 <bay> Q: Last reborn manga was 16, nothing since..
12:50:24 <bay> A: Right now, reborn is on hiatus
12:50:37 <bay> we've been on an economic shrink, so we're trying to hold onto the licenses, but slowing them down
12:50:41 <bay> as soon as we have the extra capital

Anyways, November 8th for the Professor Layton movie? Yes! I will be buying.

Quote:
Asked about Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Martin said she thought that they'd just had a meeting on it, but that since the show hasn't been among the most-watched on VizAnime it was probably a lower priority than other titles might be.
Ouch... I heard some where that if Neuro did well, they would consider picking up the manga. I know I stopped watching Neuro, but plan on continuing it...
EricDent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure that some people are interested if they said anything about Monster or other "cancelled" DVD releases.

I kind of think they need to do 2 separate panels, one for manga/books/e-books and one for DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming stuff.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I am still waiting for Viz to continue Reborn!

If Viz licensed Neuro the manga, I would read it.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad someone asked about Rin-ne! I've been waiting so patiently for the simulcast to begin again, but I know now we're a good 20 or so chapters behind now. Sad Hopefully more information can be gathered soon so we know if they still have the simulcast rights or not.

And there's bonus items in the Vampire Knight Guilty singles? As far as I knew, it was just the episodes and relationship chart like the first series' singles were. o.O
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Mar gave away a Fullmetal Alchemist omnibus, but noted that these would only be through the first 12 volumes (four omnibus volumes).

Then what the hell's the point?

Quote:
Mar said that it's much easier to find the volumes after 12.

In other words, we gotta wait for them to run out before they issue new omnibuses. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Asked about Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Mar said she thought that they'd just had a meeting on it, but that since the show hasn't been among the most-watched on VizAnime it was probably a lower priority than other titles might be.

I'd like Neuro to be brought over, too, but I'd be happy w/ Sket Dance and Beelzebub.,
Concise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I would buy the Neuro manga in a heartbeat, but I can understand why Viz is hesitant to license a series that is 23 volumes long. Though the anime pretty much defiles it, the original content is still bizarre enough that it might never pull in the sales for ten volumes, much less twenty-three. Rolling Eyes
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I have the regular volumes of Viz's releases of FMA, the Omnibuses are really not that nice in my opinion, especially if you compare them to the Kanzenban that are coming out in Japan which are absolutely gorgeous.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Concise: I'm just wondering why the hell we haven't gotten the Watsuki Frankenstein yet, myself. Some issue with the estate of the author like Zorro, or something?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I've been hoping for a Bleach catch-up. I think it's the major series of Viz's that's most in need of one. Most certainly, they could stop it right at the timeskip, when things become interesting again.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
I find it funny how not even the Viz rep running the panel knows what's going on with InuYasha: The Final Act.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 am Reply with quote
That's really annoying about the FMA omnibuses. Are they going to do the same for Skip Beat and Hana-Kimi? Every store near me has plenty of copies of the first 12 volumes and I'm in the UK. The paper quality was pretty terrible, as well. Thanks Viz. I hate having mismatched sets on my shelves :/
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
Glad to know that there's a art book coming for Arrietty. Man gotta wait until next year before we see that film.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Mar said that it's much easier to find the volumes after 12.

In other words, we gotta wait for them to run out before they issue new omnibuses. Rolling Eyes

Exactly. Just like their releases for Mar, Ranma, Zatch (yes, I know they deserted,) or any of their other series that have been around the block. Boo hiss! I wonder if it is too late to return the omnibuses and wait for the box...

Anyone want to lay odds they will just claim poor sales from everyone waiting on the omnibus and kill them off before finishing?

What I would really like to know is when they plan to get around to releasing the 3rd Death Note movie in HD. Being one volume short really crippled my interest in grabbing the existing set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1