• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay - Bleach's Nelliel Tu Odelschwank

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nelliel Tu Odelschwank

Huh, I could've sworn that I've heard that part of that name pronounced with a "vauh" instead of a "wauh". Anyway, wank... teehee.... teeheeheehee.

Inappropriate humor aside.... what's the official spelling of the name? I've seen the last name spelled as the above, and I've seen it spelled as "Odelschwanck" as well, doing a quick google search. Terribly nit-picky, I know, but a nickpick that can mean the success or failure of a frat boy joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Is this character so poor that she can't afford anything more than tattered clothing? I'm not a Bleach watcher, but wow, that (the character's clothes) looks just awful.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Pretty girl. I like the hair. But way too much clothing for Nel!

Megiddo wrote:
Is this character so poor that she can't afford anything more than tattered clothing? I'm not a Bleach watcher, but wow, that (the character's clothes) looks just awful.

She's not human nor lives in the human world. She transforms from a small child with a simple green raggy gown, to grown Nel, so I guess that explains the too-small-too-fit torn clothing
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

If I remember correctly, she spoiler[transforms from a small, clothed child to a busty young woman and it tears her clothes.] Or something. I stopped reading the series awhile ago, though, so...
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Without the massive cleavage and boobs, this cosplayer fails the entire package. At least use some falsies or something!!
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Without the massive cleavage and boobs, this cosplayer fails the entire package. At least use some falsies or something!!

I was not aware cleavage and boobs were different.

My major complaint would be that the clothes look too clean, they don't have that tattered look to them.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
I remember seeing her there. I respect the conservative take on the costume, but it would have looked better with shorter sleeves I think.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:
I was not aware cleavage and boobs were different.

Cleavage and boobs *are* different. Boobs refers to boobs, but cleavage refers to the area between the boobs... the cleft formed between the twin mounds.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I think it's quite well put together if you ask me. One of the better ones I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:

I swear every time I look at the discussion thread for cosplay pictures on here, you always have something negative to say about the cosplayer. I guess you don't have it in you to say something nice about the cosplayer. Rolling Eyes

Anyways back to the topic, I think this cosplay looks good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Quote:
Nelliel Tu Odelschwank

Huh, I could've sworn that I've heard that part of that name pronounced with a "vauh" instead of a "wauh". Anyway, wank... teehee.... teeheeheehee.

Inappropriate humor aside.... what's the official spelling of the name? I've seen the last name spelled as the above, and I've seen it spelled as "Odelschwanck" as well, doing a quick google search. Terribly nit-picky, I know, but a nickpick that can mean the success or failure of a frat boy joke.

Some languages have "w" pronounced as "v" (German is an example) so you're probably hearing things right.... Kubo just likes to play around with spelling when it comes to Arrancar. :'|

The spelling according to the fanbook is "Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck". :)
PseudoFiction

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Provided she made the costume and it wasn't one she bought and that's just how it fit, it's better that she isn't hanging out of any of her costume given that the big cons of AX, ACEN and Otakon have the cosplay rule stick firmly inserted so there is not possiblity of anyone bending it. If she made it strict to the character art, she undoubtedly would have been told to leave and change. Sure there were Yokos and a few bikini clad cosplayers at Otakon but they don't have as much chance of falling out of their costumes.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
If the new rules are going to interfere with portraying characters like this then cosplayers should stick with dressing up as Menos Grande and be done with it instead of trying to Y7 Tito's character designs.
I don't know if she made it or bought it but the top could use some refitting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1