• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
hiya! im new, can someone help me? ^^

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens_fyre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:43 pm Reply with quote
hello, i am new to the forums and what not, i joined because i had come across the place and it looked really cool, and fun, you name it, and though i have been to forums before, i am not skilled in the art. I have always wanted to know how to get those little pictures that go below your usernames, yes, im stupid, i admit it ^^ and also, i never truly understood what a signature was, if you could make that clearer for me that would greatly help. ^^ also, not to ask 20 questions, how to change your settings of your profile and what not ^^ if you could help me with this, then that would greatly help ^^ (did i already say that?) hoping i am not wasting your time ^^

p.s. i am a humungous zoids fan, NC0, CC/GF, and the upcoming IC ^^ not to waste your time, but please help me if you could. ^^ thanks
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:31 am Reply with quote
For an avatar, the best explanation I can provide is here:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14595#14595

For changing your profile, simply click on the "Profile" button on the right-hand side of the screen. Note that some of the features there (such as signatures) are disabled on the boards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ravens_fyre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:02 pm Reply with quote
that helps, but im confused on how to find the code for one of my pictures i can use for an avatar, like you have that code for one, but i dont know how to get a code for mine.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:45 pm Reply with quote
ravens_fyre wrote:
that helps, but im confused on how to find the code for one of my pictures i can use for an avatar, like you have that code for one, but i dont know how to get a code for mine.

basically...

find an 80x80 image online somewhere. Look at it in your browser.

The URL of the picture is the URL that you should type in for your avatar.

Please be aware that many sites do not allow off-site linking, so it helps if you have your own webspace to put the images, and then link to them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1