• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Returns to Voice-Acting on New Works Again

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quote
i wonder if this has anything to do with the black rock shooter anime since aya hirano began following yamakans twitter soon after the anime was announced so if anything this just adds more into the possibility of hirano voicing black rock shooter or someone else in the show though it could be something entirely different.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
i wonder if this has anything to do with the black rock shooter anime since aya hirano began following yamakans twitter soon after the anime was announced so if anything this just adds more into the possibility of hirano voicing black rock shooter or someone else in the show though it could be something entirely different.

I see no reason why she would be in BRS. I imagine that most of the VAs from the OVA will just reprise their roles if their characters appear in the tv series.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
And not a single frak was given that day. By me at least.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
So does this mean that there would be no worries that she won't return to reprise her famous iconic role of Haruhi Suzumiya? No complaints for me there.
Goggen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

Well, thanks for sharing that, then.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quote
Glad she's back. I don't care about her reputation as long as her voice is unique and sexy. And as far as I'm concerned, once I start listening to a character I don't even remember that there's a person behind it (well, I do compare the voice to other characters they've voiced before though).

doubleO7 wrote:
opn wrote:

I see no reason why she would be in BRS. I imagine that most of the VAs from the OVA will just reprise their roles if their characters appear in the tv series.

There's Gold Saw left I believe? They're probably making new characters as well. Anime is meant to be an effective form of figure adversing, isn't it?
sarsman45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
She needs to get her $#@t together. Her "talent" days were awful.
Scr1be

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
@ANN you guys forgot Kana in Nurarihyon, I know she hasn't gotten much screentime this season but she's been in an episode or two. Or is she's no longer voicing Kana.

egoist wrote:
Glad she's back. I don't care about her reputation as long as her voice is unique and sexy. And as far as I'm concerned, once I start listening to a character I don't even remember that there's a person behind it (well, I do compare the voice to other characters they've voiced before though).

doubleO7 wrote:
opn wrote:
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Black Rock Shooter anime since Aya Hirano began following Yamakans twitter soon after the anime was announced so if anything this just adds more into the possibility of Hirano voicing Black Rock Shooter or someone else in the show though it could be something entirely different.

There's Gold Saw left I believe? They're probably making new characters as well. Anime is meant to be an effective form of figure adversing, isn't it?

IMO she doesn't really match the dark atmosphere that the BRS universe has. If she does end up in it, I hope she has a "darker" voice to match the atmosphere that BRS has. I guess it also depends on the storyline, are they using the same one as the one from the OVA? Have they said yet?
The Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Good for her. It's great to read that her career is back on track.

No matter what you may think of her eccentricities, she is just too valuable an artist/actress to keep on the sidelines.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Half of her appeal is all the drama with her fans/haters she seems to invoke Razz
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Anytime, my friend, anytime. Sorry for the frankness, but I'm quite honestly sick of the woman.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote
she didn't do anything wrong or did anything to hurt other people.
She just didn't want to follow the society's rule.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Why was she prohibited to voice act before?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scr1be

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Anytime, my friend, anytime. Sorry for the frankness, but I'm quite honestly sick of the woman.

Then WHY did you click the link? When I dislike something or am tired of hearing about something, I DON'T click the link

SaiyanHero16 wrote:

Not absolutely sure but I hear it had something to do with health issues, although that could be just PR spin
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
Scr1be wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Goggen wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Then WHY did you click the link? When I dislike something or am tired of hearing about something, I DON'T click the link

SaiyanHero16 wrote:

Not absolutely sure but I hear it had something to do with health issues, although that could be just PR spin

Because Aya Hirano threads are the gift that keep on giving, my kind sir and/or madam! Very Happy They're more enthralling than even some of my favorite series xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2