• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Guilty Crown to Run 1/2 Year, Ano Natsu de Matteru to Run 3 Months

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
It's a good thing Guilty Crown will be 2 cours considering the kind of plot it has. It's sort of giving me Code Geass vibes.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It's a good thing Guilty Crown will be 2 cours considering the kind of plot it has. It's sort of giving me Code Geass vibes.

Not to mention it's Noitamina. Last show to do that was Shiki and before that, Nodame Cantabile. It's a rare occurrence so hopefully it does it well.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Not to mention it's Noitamina. Last show to do that was Shiki and before that, Nodame Cantabile. It's a rare occurrence so hopefully it does it well.

Looking back there have been three shows in the history of Noitamina which have had a run longer than 11-12 episodes: the two mentioned above as well as H&C. I'm really excited another Noitamina show is getting a decent run. They always have awesome shows yet they are usually done so quickly... Crying or Very sad
JGlibra03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
So I'm wondering how many episodes the series Guilty Crown will have if it's runing from October through March. Wink
pantsmca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote
JGlibra03 wrote:
So I'm wondering how many episodes the series Guilty Crown will have if it's runing from October through March. Wink

Well if a normal cour for noitaminA is 11 episodes, and it's 2 cours, put two and two together.
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
pantsmca wrote:
JGlibra03 wrote:

Well if a normal cour for noitaminA is 11 episodes, and it's 2 cours, put two and two together.

thats not really a helpful comment given of the 3 2 cour series noitaminA has had in the past, Shiki was 22 episodes, Nodame Cantabile was 23 episodes and Honey & Clover was 24 episodes, so it could be any length

although, taking a guess at it, assuming it starts on the 13th october (general 2 week break before starting the new season with noitanimA shows), 22 episodes takes it to 8th march, 23 to 15th, 24 to 22nd and given the past pattern of noitanimA shows finishing in mid-late March (Fractale - march 31st, NC:Finale - march 25th, Ayakashi - march 24th, Hakaba Kitaro - march 21st) i'd say a 24 episode series is most likely, but then its just an educated guess from looking back at previous series start and end dates

Last edited by Getsuga311 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
If it's 22, I'd expect it to have extra episodes on video as well, though I wonder if that's the case if it'll be OVAs, in-between eps (like Shiki) or if they'll leave the ending for video

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
If it's 22, I'd expect it to have extra episodes on video as well, though I wonder if that's the case if it'll be OVAs, in-between eps (like Shiki) or if they'll leave the ending for video

I hope to god this is true.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Same here. Very eagerly looking forward to this one. (haha. Code Geass, Guilty Crown. I see what you did there, guys)
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Well supposedly both Hiroyuki Yoshino and Ichiro Okouchi worked on Code Geass, some Geass vibes are to be expected.

Either way this show is looking to be god tier. I was expecting Zero to absolutely dominate and Crown might challenge that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1