• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boogiepop novels and other favorites

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I think this is a good topic to christen this section with.

I've read the first three Boogiepop novels after becoming a fan of the manga and loved them. I find it hard to get into novels in general, but the storytelling in these novels was so interesting to me that I just couldn't put it down. I just got wrapped up in the universe. I was so happy when they announced the next three novels. In the meantime, i'm looking into other light novel series as well--the .hach series sounds interesting since I'm a fan of the anime.

So the question is if you've read Boogiepop what do you think? also, I'd like to hear about some of your other favorite light novels as well.
Bunchuu of Chouka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to read the Boogiepop novels yet. I'm a huge fan of the anime, but for some reason, I haven't been able to track down the novels or manga at any local bookstore. Perhaps I'll have to shop around online.
That having been said, I've heard a lot of good about the Boogiepop novels, and I hope that I can read them someday soon.
Other favorites? The Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey) series of novels is great. Also, I enjoy the Vampire Hunter D novel series by Hideyuki Kikuchi. Both are definately worth a look.
Shigi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas will be re-releasing the first three Boogiepop novels in the same size/format as their new release line, so if you want your novels to match up with the three new Boogiepop novels coming out, you might want to wait on that. Also, books 2-3 will be released as an omnibus for the same price as a regular volume: $7.95. The bad news? They're not coming out until next year.

I do highly recommend the series, though.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I am very disappointed in Seven Seas' choices recently, so I am very reluctant to support them in any way. The problem is, Boogiepop's too good to give up...
adam_omega

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Aside from cancelling Nymphet, what are the other choices you are disappointed in?

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1