• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime North 2004

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone was at Anime North in Toronto this year and what you thought of it. It was my first con and I had a great time!

It would have been nice if we didn't have to walk to the TCC from the hotel. Last year the con was in the hotel.

I can't wait until next year.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote
I was there. Have fun when the power went out during the masquerade? Laughing

By the way, someone needs to inform their dealers that model kits and resin figures are highly profitable items to sell to fanboys. Their dealer room was far too biased towards DVD sales and needed more variety.

Otherwise it was a great fun time. My buddy G-man and I got David Kaye, Richard Cox, and Monica Stori to perform a skit we wrote in the hotel room the night before. Too bad we had to get on our way home to Ohio before the Sunday autograph sessions, we wanted to get that script signed.
Carja

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I was there! Very Happy

It was my fourth time for Anime North. The setup over two locations was unfortunate (especially since I had to book a room in a third), but that'll be fixed for next year (barring more hotel bankruptcies).

I had a pretty good time, though I'd have to rate last year's event better overall. I also noted the dealers' room being skewed towards DVD and manga sales which is disappointing to me because those are the easiest things to find elsewhere (though good deals were found).

I got in all my autograph hounding at the brunch...of course, I didn't have something as cool to get signed (just the program) Smile

I'm looking forward to next year (as I always do).
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I didn't make it to the masquerade in time to get in, so I sat with my friends at a table. The power outage was actually a lot of fun for us!

Did anyone take any pictures? I'm trying to find someone who took a picture of me besides, well, me Smile

www.angelfire.com/anime5/hellsing2/animenorth.html
is where I have my pictures. I went as Integra from Hellsing.

Did you guys cosplay?
Jubilation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
Why do i always miss everything. ggrrr Mad

the only con i have been to was the one in montreal last fall and that blew big-time, it was so small.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1