• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Two New Del Rey Licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
This is just a suggestion, but maybe you should post Wallflower's original name, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. Del Rey came up with the name Wallflower, and most fans know it as the original title, or by the more literal translation of the title "Perfect Girl Evolution".
Kal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I was wondering when they were ever going to pick those two up Smile Especially Yamato. But... WHY "Wallflower"?? That's so strange Neutral Oh well. Whatever Anime smile ::jumps around happily::
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of the mangas they lisenced. What are they about? Isn't Othello something from Shakespeare...? Anyways, I'm glad Del Rey decided to lisence more manga, they're doing really well ^^!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Genbu no Miko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Awww, not all of the manga for Wallpaper/Perfect Girl Evolution has come out yet (well, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles isn't done either but...) in Japan. Sad The scanslation group may have to drop the project... Sad
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote
Genbu no Miko wrote:
Awww, not all of the manga for Wallpaper/Perfect Girl Evolution has come out yet (well, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles isn't done either but...) in Japan. Sad The scanslation group may have to drop the project... Sad

They have already done so if they're going by the usual scanlation rules. If they haven't quit scanlating the titles, especially Tsubasa, then they're turning themselves into a pirated manga group.
dooky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I never heard of the mangas they lisenced. What are they about?

Not that familiar with Othello, but The Wallflower is one of my favourites. It's a shoujo title invovling four bishounen and an introverted, occasionally quite violent goth girl. Very dark and very, very funny. And plenty of bishounen with their shirts off too ^_~

It's been a good week, what with this and Hale Nochi Guu being licensed...
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Naze Nani Othello

Othello was a Shakesperian play about a high ranking Moor (Black man) who was a hero and had a Caucasian wife and whatnot. The villian, Iago, used other people to confuse Othello into doubting his friends, including his lover whom he killed with his own hands. In the end, just about everyone died and Iago was incarcerated.

Of course, I read that in 10th grade and I'm an icoming college freshman, so you'd better get some Cliffs Notes.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Othello was a Shakesperian play about a high ranking Moor (Black man) who was a hero and had a Caucasian wife and whatnot. The villian, Iago, used other people to confuse Othello into doubting his friends, including his lover whom he killed with his own hands. In the end, just about everyone died and Iago was incarcerated.

Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Yeah, I kept wondering when that stuff would show up in the manga Othello, but so far there is no connection from what I've read.
Satsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Othello was one heck of a sombering read. Kinda like the Merchant of Venice.

I dunno, my favorite Shakespeare play is still "Taming of the Shrew" just cause it's happier than his other plays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1