• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Border GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm finding this series interesting in that, having not read scanlations, I'm also not quite sure where it's headed, BL-wise. As in, I can't tell which pairing if any I'm supposed to be rooting for. Don't get me wrong, I love the obvious-from-the-get-go couples in Kodaka's other series which have seen English publication (Kizuna & Bad Teacher's Equation specifically, both of which I adore) but Borders has me wondering.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
That's a good point. I'm thinking that we'll see a Makita/Yamato romance within a few volumes, as Yamato seems to have strictly familial feelings for the other guys on his time. It also would fit with the romance genre's tradition of making the "bad guy" (Makita, the cop out to bring Yamato down or at least expose him) into the romantic hero.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I agree that the detective is the most likely partner for Yamato and if that's the case I wouldn't mind seeing a Tamaki & Sogo romance on the side (I can't even consider Kippei because he looks & acts like a kid, though as you've noted perhaps v03 will change that). It would be kind of unusual for Kodaka to focus on just one couple but maybe this is a series where she's trying to mix up her style a little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1