• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any anime channels on Dish Network?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeJelous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I Have like unlimited channels but i cant find a single anime channel Sad It sucks please help
braves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
Anime channels? No, they aren't any anime channels on Dish Network. There are some channels that air some anime, though. Cartoon Network's [adult swim] with a few other anime thrown around during the day. IFC airs some anime and so does Sci-Fi and Starz! You'll have to check the listings for each of these channels to know when they'll be airing anime, seeing as how The Click isn't around anymore on this site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Nope sorry, there are not any anime-centric channels on Dish Network's lineup. I have Dish Network also and I wish there was. There are channels that show anime, but it is not a significant part of their programming. There is the obvious answer in Cartoon Network, but with the way things have been going as of late I'll be surprised if they are still airing ANY anime at all by this time next year. Regardless, they are airing new episodes of Bleach, Code Geass R2, Moribito, and Shin-Chan.There is also IFC, they have a few shows in their lineup from Funimation, but Hell Girl is the only one currently running with new episodes. I think Encore Action and Encore WAM air anime, but I don't get those channels so I can't say for sure, but I do know that they have in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Anime channels? No, they aren't any anime channels on Dish Network. There are some channels that air some anime, though. Cartoon Network's [adult swim] with a few other anime thrown around during the day. IFC airs some anime and so does Sci-Fi and Starz! You'll have to check the listings for each of these channels to know when they'll be airing anime, seeing as how The Click isn't around anymore on this site.

To bad about the demise of The Click. But there’s always animeontv.com if you want to know what anime is showing on TV and when.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Or, if you have On-Demand available, there are a couple anime specific O-D channels. Like Anime Network or Anime Selects (Actually, I'm not sure if both of these are available on Dish, specifically. Hell, I don't even know if Dish offers On-Demand, does it?). Both of which are hosting around 10 different shows at a given time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
According to this The Anime Network programs are avavailable on Dish Network in the On Demand pay per view section.
The programs available in the pay per view are kind of slim.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/eod/template.php
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1