• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ryu Knight OAV Adeu's Legend

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey, can anyone put up Adeu's Legend and then put up related anime on it as Ryu Knight?

I do have a link with Cels on it, so the OAV does exist:
http://users.animanga.com/malaryush/cels/RKoav.htm

Also I've seen both Adeu's Legend and Ryu Knight selling on Ebay as Hong Kong DVDs aka bootlegs. When do you think Bandai will notice this and try to license Ryu Knight from Bandai/Sunrise of Japan?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:35 am Reply with quote
Ok, I've added Lord of Lords Ryu Knight: Adeu's Legend (OAV) (though you could easily have submitted it yourself), but in order to add the TV series as related anime, I need to know what's the relationship between the two exactly. Which one came first? Is the 2nd one a sequel, or a prequel, or a remake, or something else?

As for licensing... this is in the department of Zac's magic divination monkey! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:50 pm Reply with quote
The Ryu Knight TV series came out first and the Adeu's Legend OAV came out second. There was also a two part TV special, but I have a hard time finding any info on it. Also the OAV is a remake with some changes (like Adeu with red hair instead of brown), it was to be more serious than TV series and probably why some Japanese fans didn't like it as much as the first TV series. I have fansubs of the first four esp.s from the OAV, but none from the TV series.

As for Licensing: I do think that since Ryu Knight involves Mecha, Bandai could get it from Bandai/Sunrise of Japan. However, I really doubt they will pick up the 52 esp. TV series and would rather pick up the OAV which is only around 13-15 esp.s.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1