• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zetman Dark Hero TV Anime's 4 Commercials Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
I'm...not sure how I feel about that opening based on what little we get to hear of it. It doesn't really sound like something I would have imagined for Zetman. Beyond that though, this continues to look aaammmaaazzziiinnngggg. Please, please let there finally be a proper adaptation of a Katsura manga...it's long overdo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
I've never read Zetman, but I get Guyver and and BAOH feelings from the previews I see. But I doubt it goes into the Apocalypse Zero territory of ridiculousness.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Something about the designs and atmosphere remind me of the eighties. If Zetman uses its dark tone well rather than just being risibly nihilistic and excessive, it could be a really good show. This definitely has my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This looks epic. Do want!
reggie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how the pacing in the anime will be done. In the trailer, the story is quite far. The pacing in the manga is so slow
feitian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I started reading Zatman (I only owned up to volume 7) because I enjoyed Katsura's art, particular DNA square and their designs. Although I never really expected Zatman. This is one of those comic that actually made me physically ill at certain points.

The violence (and sometimes, sexual violence) and the darkness in Zatman can definitely be rather excessive, but I wouldn't say that it is nihilistic at all. A lot of terrible shit happen to the two lead and almost everyone around them, but there are also little bit of kindness, a little bit of inspiration from some of the people who are pivotal in their development and characterization, and in my opinion, all of those characters are well realized.

I don't know if all of the darkness, all of the cruelty and evils that men or monster can do to each other is necessary to make the contrast between the ugliness world and the preciousness of fragile kindness, however the way it is approached made a big impact on me.

I am curious as to the way it is going to be adapted though, I am afraid some of the character might not be able to get the characterization they deserves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1