• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Boom Boom Satellites to Perform Gundam UC #5 Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Oh so hype!
Buster D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Boom Boom Satellites to Perform Gundam UC #5 Opening

The original article on sunrise-anime.jp doesn't say it's going to be the Opening, it just says the main theme song (主題歌).

If it's like all the other episodes so far, the song will play over the end credit roll. I wish each episode had a proper OP, though.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
Buster D wrote:
If it's like all the other episodes so far, the song will play over the end credit roll. I wish each episode had a proper OP, though.

Personally, I love the way Unicorn handles its credits. OPs just scream "TV show," and Unicorn is much more cinematic than the vast majority of TV series and OAVs. Besides, each episode's opening scene establishes a distinct mood right from the get-go, and an OP would just dilute that.
shadow13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
The episode 5 preview is up on YouTube.
Buster D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
Buster D wrote:

Personally, I love the way Unicorn handles its credits. OPs just scream "TV show," and Unicorn is much more cinematic than the vast majority of TV series and OAVs. Besides, each episode's opening scene establishes a distinct mood right from the get-go, and an OP would just dilute that.

Eh, UC (while not bad) isn't really all that great to begin with. I'm pretty sure if it had an awesome OP that you want to watch over and over like 0083 and 08th MS Team, it would seem much better. If only superficially.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
It will be interesting to hear what BBS come up with for UC #5. I quite enjoyed their music in both Appleseed and Vexille. I've only watched UC #1 so far, but I enjoyed it. I do have #2-4 as well...just haven't gotten around to viewing them yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1