Madoka Magica's Madoka Kaname is the Most Moe of Them All
posted on by Bamboo Dong
This year's Saimoe voting contest ended earlier this week, and it's official—Madoka Kaname is the most moe girl of 2013. Started from a 2002 2channel thread, Saimoe has since become an annual poll in which participants from all over the world vote in an online contest to determine which anime character is the "most moe."
This year's contest started off with hundreds of "contestants," ranging from series like Love Live! School idol project, to Yuruyuri, to Steins;Gate, to Little Busters!, but it was eventually whittled down to a Top 16:
- Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica
- Sawa Okita from Tari Tari
- Kobato. Hasegawa from Haganai
- Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from HENNEKO
- Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo
- Madoka Kaname from Madoka Magica
- Ruri Gokō from Oreimo
- Akari Akaza from Yuruyuri
- Tomoka Minato from Ro-Kyu-Bu!
- Kyoko Toshino from Yuruyuri
- Main Character from Humanity Has Declined
- Azusa Azuki from HENNEKO
- Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica
- Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer
- Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica
- Yoshino from Date A Live
Here's the Top 16, in bracket form, with votes in parenthesis. (Click on the image to enlarge.)
While the non-Madoka Magica faction stayed strong throughout the tournament, they ultimately lost out, with three Madoka Magica characters in the quarter-finals, and none in the semi-finals.
What do you think? Is Madoka Kaname really the most moe of them all? Let us know what you think in the forums.