Weekend Wrapup - Week in Anime [13/8 -20/8]
posted on by Jon Hayward
- China bans anime and foreign animation from prime time TV. This is self explanatory, with Chinese TV stations not being allowed to play any foreign animation between 5 and 8 pm.
- Oztaku has found a better printer, meaning that we will be seeing the Australian manga anthology slightly more often, and possibly cheaper to boot.
- Negima series 2 will not be following Ken Akamatsu's manga, instead choosing to create a entirely new plot.
- On the subject of Negima, series 2 will start on October 4 and the OVA will be out on October 24.
- And finally, with the arrival of the new Madman newsletter for the month, there has been some new announcements which includes the classic "Demon City Shinjuku", "Cyber City Odeo 808", "Street Fighter II: V TV series" and "Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie".
I also must say a quick congratulations to Connell Wood, the “ex-convener” of AVcon whose 24 hour comic has come to the attention of 4 Color Rebellion. The comic in question is a great bit of fun parodying anime and games alike, give it a read.
And your bit of fun for the week, here's a link to a translated video made for the new Ghosts and Goblins. And you don't really need the translation to enjoy it.