New Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Sequel Images Preview Aoshi, Okina
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The staff of the upcoming live-action Rurouni Kenshin sequel films have revealed images of Yusuke Iseya as Aoshi Shinomori and min Tanaka as Nenji Kashiwazaki/Okina, two members of the Oniwabanshu.
The rest of the cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kenshin Himura
- Emi Takei as Kaoru Kamiya
- Munetaka Aoki as Sanosuke Sagara
- Yuu Aoi as Megumi Takani
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Sōjirō Seta
- Yosuke Eguchi as Hajime Saitō
- Tatsuya Fujiwara as Makoto Shishio
- Kazufumi Miyazawa as Toshimichi Ōkubo
- Yukiyoshi Ozawa as Hirobumi Itō
- Kaito Ōyagi as Yahiko Myōjin
- Maryjun Takahashi as Yumi Komagata
- Ryōsuke Miura as Chō Sawagejō
The blog on Satoh's official website additionally posted on Wednesday that the staff are currently filming the final scene for both films. The blog also posted a new image of Satoh as Kenshin.
The two new films, which will cover the Kyoto arc from Nobuhiro Watsuki's original historical action manga, will be titled Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire) and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend). The films are slated to open next summer.
In addition to the two new films, Keishi Ōtomo directed the first live-action Rurouni Kenshin film, which opened in Japan last August. The first film had its North American premiere in Los Angeles in December.