Sentai Filmworks Licenses Gugure! Kokkuri-san
posted on by Emma Hanashiro
Sentai Filmworks announced on Friday that it has licensed the Gugure! Kokkuri-san anime. The company plans to release the series digitally and on home video.
The first episode premiered on Sunday, October 5 on Crunchyroll for premium members and is available one week later for free users. The stream is available for premium members in the U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America.
Crunchyroll describes the story:
Gugure! Kokkuri-san revolves around the daily life of a little girl named Ichimatsu Kohina and Kokkuri-san, a handsome low level fox ghost with long white hair who she accidently summoned. At first the fox ghost only intended to haunt her but got worried about her living all alone and devotes himself to do chores as if he was her mother. Other ghosts, including the dog ghost Inugami who is infatuated with Kohina and the old good-for-nothing supernatural raccoon Shigaraki, decide to follow her as well!
The anime stars:
- Ryou Hirohashi (Working!!, Kaleido Star) as Kohina Ichimatsu
- Daisuke Ono (Durarara!, Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil) as Kokkuri-san
- Jouji Nakata (Fate/Zero, Sgt. Frog) as Shigaraki
- Takahiro Sakurai (.hack//Roots, Noragami) as Inugami
- Hisako Kanemoto (Squid Girl, Sailor Moon Crystal) as Jimeko
- Kazutomi Yamamoto (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Blood Lad) as Yamamoto-kun
Voice actress Yukari Tamura (Myself;Yourself, No-rin) is also starring in the series as the narrator.
Yoshimasa Hiraike (Working!!, Amagami SS) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment (Yowamushi Pedal, Brave10). Miwa Oshima (Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts, GJ Club) is designing the characters.
Manga creator Midori Endō launched the manga in 2011, and Square Enix shipped the sixth compiled volume in Japan in March.