Viz Reveals English Dub Cast for K: Missing Kings Film (Update 2)
posted on by Karen Ressler
Anime News Network's New York Comic-Con 2016 news coverage sponsored by Yen Press.
Viz Media announced the English dub cast for the K film, K: Missing Kings, at New York Comic Con on Friday. The cast, recorded at Studiopolis under director Suzanne Goldish, includes:
- Sam Regal as Tashiro Isana
- Matthew Mercer as Kuroh Yatogami
- Stephanie Sheh as Neko
- Patrick Seitz as Reisi Munakata
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Anna Kushina
- Robbie Daymond as Nagare Hisui
- Chris Hackney as Yukari Mishakuji
- Quinton Flynn as Kotosaka
- Cheremi Leigh as Douhan Hirasaka
- Keith Silverstein as Mikoto Suoh
- Lucien Dodge as Tatara Totsuka
- Todd Haberkorn as Izumo Kusanagi
- Ben Diskin as Misaki Yata
- Grant George as Rikio Kamamoto
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Saruhiko Fushimi
- Kirk Thornton as Daikaku Kokujoji
- Christopher Smith as Shohei Akagi
- Steve Staley as Himori Akiyama
- Carrie Keranen as Seri Awashima
- Janice Kawaye as Kukuri Yukizome
Seth Walther is handling the adaptation.
The film premiered in Japan on July 12, 2014. Eleven Arts screened the film in theaters in North America, starting in Los Angeles in July 2015.
The official website for the film outlined the story:
[Note: Highlight the text below for the story, which contains spoilers for the end of the television series]
The “Academy Island Incident” in which all four “kings” cross paths... Since then, Silver Clansmen Kuroh Yatogami and Neko have been searching for their master, Shiro. Without finding any clues to Shiro's whereabouts, the two became disheartened. However, one day, they see HOMRA members Rikio Kamamoto and Anna Kushina being chased by someone.
The first television anime premiered in 2012, and Viz Media streamed it in North America as it aired. An English dub streamed on Viz's Neon Alley service. Viz released the series on Blu-ray and DVD. Viz Media has also licensed the second series, K: Return of Kings, which premiered in October 2015.
Update: More cast, staff added.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history