Fate/Apocrypha TV Anime Airs Last Ad Before July 1 Premiere
posted on by Egan Loo
The television anime of TYPE-MOON and Yuichiro Higashide's Fate/Apocrypha novels presented a new themed commercial on Sunday. The "Opening of the Holy Grail War" video is the third and final one of three themed commercials for the anime. (Note: The linked video on the official website is region-locked to Japan.)
In the story, there was once a Holy Grail War waged by seven Mages and Heroic Spirits in a town called Fuyuki. However, a certain Mage took advantage of the chaos of World War II to steal a Holy Grail. Several decades have passed, and the Yggdmillennia family, who took upon the Holy Grail as its symbol, defected from the Mages' Association and declared their independence. Furious, the Association sent a force to deal with the Yggdmillennia, but they were defeated by the summoned Servants. With the Holy Grail War system changed, war at an unprecedented scale, with seven versus seven, breaks out. And so, the curtain rises on the epoch-making Great Holy Grail War.
The show stars:
- Maaya Sakamoto as Ruler
- Natsuki Hanae as Sieg
- Junichi Suwabe as Saber of Black
- Kouki Uchiyama as Shirō Kotomine
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Saber of Red
- Saori Hayami as Archer of Red
- Koji Yusa as Lancer of Red
- Makoto Furukawa as Rider of Red
- Tetsu Inada as Caster of Red
- Satoshi Tsuruoka as Berserker of Red
- Kei Shindou as Assassin of Red
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Archer of Black
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Lancer of Black
- Rumi Ookubo as Rider of Black
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Caster of Black
- Ai Nonaka as Berserker of Black
- Sakura Tange as Assassin of Black
- Kenji Nomura as Kairi Sisigou (Shishigō)
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia
- Chinatsu Akasaki as Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia
- Toru Ohkawa as Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia
- Shizuka Ishigami as Celenike Icecolle Yggdmillennia
- Emiri Katō as Roche Icecolle Yggdmillennia
- Mai Nakahara as Reika Rikudou
Higashide himself is in charge of the anime's series scripts, and Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte) is directing at A-1 Pictures. Yūkei Yamada is adapting Ototsugu Konoe's original character designs for animation. Masaru Yokoyama (The Lost Village, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Nobunaga Concerto) is composing music.
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV on July 1 at 24:00 (effectively 12:00 a.m. on July 2). It will then debut on MBS on July 4 at 27:30 (effectively 3:30 a.m. on July 5). The series will begin exclusively streaming on Netflix on July 3.
The anime will have a special advance screening event for the first two episodes at Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 theater on June 30. Voice actors Natsuki Hanae, Maaya Sakamoto, Kouki Uchiyama, Makoto Furukawa, and Rumi Ookubo will participate in a talk show at the event. In addition, Furukawa and Ookubo are appearing on the Fate/Apocrypha Radio Trifas! web radio program, which debuted on the Internet Radio Station Onsen on June 23.
Thanks to Dennis R. for the embedded video.