Blue Exorcist Gets New Stage Play in October
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for the stage play adaptations of Kazue Katō's Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist) manga announced a new stage play titled Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen on Friday. The website revealed visuals for the two lead returning cast members. The cast includes:
Shūto Miyazaki as Yukio Okumura (returning)
- Ikkei Yamamoto as Ryūji Suguro (returning)
- Kōji Saikawa as Renzō Shima (returning)
- Yūto Doi as Konekomaru Miwa (returning)
- Rie Matsuoka as Shiemi Moriyama
- Satomi Ohkubo as Izumo Kamiki
- Shūhei Izumi as Mephisto Pheles
- Yūta Higuchi as Nemu Takara
- Mako Komaki as Noriko Pako
- Ryūgi Yokota as Lucifer
- Azusa Inamura as guard officer
- Yūya Hara as Michael Gedōin
- Ryōko Tanaka as Tamamo Kamiki
The play will adapt the Illuminati arc of Katō's original manga. The leader of the Illuminati, Lucifer, aims to unite Assiah and Gehenna and revive Satan, and so declares war on the True Cross Order. The Illuminati kidnap Izumo as part of their plan, and Yukio leads a rescue effort.
The play will run at Tokyo's Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi from October 20-29 and then at Kobe's Shinkobe Oriental Theater from November 2-5.
Daisuke Nishida is returning to direct the play and write the scripts. Katō is again assisting with the scripts.