Too Kyo Games, Pierrot Collaborate on New Anime
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
New game development company Too Kyo Games announced during its founding livestream presentation on Tuesday that it is producing an anime with Studio Pierrot. The presentation revealed concept art for the anime that includes the text "all villains." The company also revealed three other new projects during the presentation.
The anime's image is inspired by 1990s crime action films such as Pulp Fiction and Léon: The Professional. Kazutaka Kodaka and Rui Komatsuzaki are designing the anime's characters. Tomohisa Taguchi (Persona 4 the Golden Animation, Twin Star Exorcists) is directing the anime, and Norimitsu Kaihō (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Future Arc, School-Live!) is in charge of the scenario.
Too Kyo Games' founders revealed their identities during the presentation. They include:
- Director and scenario writer Kazutaka Kodaka (Danganronpa)
- Composer and arranger Masafumi Takada (Danganronpa, 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams)
- Character designer and illustrator Rui Komatsuzaki (Danganronpa, Fate/Grand Order)
- Novelist and scenario writer Yōichirō Koizumi (Break Kimi Core, Ultra Despair Hagakure)
- Illustrator and character designer Shimadoriru (Danganronpa, Fate/Grand Order)
- Director and scenario writer Takumi Nakazawa (Ever17, Root Double)
- Director and scenario writer Kōtarō Uchikoshi (Ever17, Zero Escape)
The company's goal is "to do new things." The company plans to create new IP for worldwide distribution and make indie games.
The first project the staff revealed during the presentation was a game with the key phrase "limits x despair." Kodaka and Uchikoshi are writing the scenario.
Too Kyo Games is also producing an action-adventure game that features a "death game of children, by children, for children." Kodaka is the project's chief director, Uchikoshi is writing the scenario, and Nakazawa is in charge of direction. Illustrator Take (Zaregoto) drew the concept art of elementary school students participating in a death game.
The company is producing a "dark fantasy-style mystery" game with Spike Chunsoft. Kodaka planned the game before leaving Spike Chunsoft. Komatsuzaki is designing the characters, Shimadoriru is in charge of background designs, and Takada is in charge of sound.
Famitsu.com revealed the establishment of the company on Sunday. The company's Twitter account explains the company's name as a play on "Too crazy" in Japanese, and "Tokyo," as the company promises to deliver "Too crazy games, anime, and entertainment, from Tokyo to the world."
Sources: Famitsu.com, Famitsu Tube YouTube channel via Hachima Kikō