• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oni-Con News

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Fernando also provided us with a nice little video of the announcement:

http://homepage.mac.com/fernandogonzalez/adv/oni-con-i.mov
roxfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why ADV can't release Diamond Dust Drops under that name? That whole concept is pretty darned important to the series, especially the last episode. What's the other option? Suspended Airborne Ice Crystals?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote
NO!!!!!! why did those ADV bastards have to license Godannar!?!?!?!?!? now im gonna have to forward that bloody "what is anime" crap every time i wanna watch it on DVD.

couldnt Geneon take it instead
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
NO!!!!!! why did those ADV bastards have to license Godannar!?!?!?!?!? now im gonna have to forward that bloody "what is anime" crap every time i wanna watch it on DVD.

What are you talking about?!? They don't put that stuff on their DVDs, that's whay they put on Anime Network.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:20 pm Reply with quote
**** **** **** **** ****! This is exactly what I did and didn't want to happen! I love this series to death, and am stoked that it is not getting the GGG treatment and is actually getting licensed, particularly from a company that will give us loads of extras. But I'm pissed as all hell that subs will stop, meaning I and everyone else who doesn't know Japanese will be stuck in perpetual limbo for probably 2 years because ADV is so anal about fansubbers! ****!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:

What are you talking about?!? They don't put that stuff on their DVDs, that's whay they put on Anime Network.

so am i the only one with the Eva Platinum Vol1 with those commercials right in the begining along with teh one for Newtype USA? huh?!
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? ADV doesn't just dub stuff and not release them on DVD. That'd be just stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:

so am i the only one with the Eva Platinum Vol1 with those commercials right in the begining along with teh one for Newtype USA? huh?!

Hmm.. I dunno.. if you mean before it ever gets to the main menu I wouldn't know, because if you hit the menu button it skips all that crap and gets right down to it. But you don't have to watch commercials before you can see the episode.

cubs2084 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? ADV doesn't just dub stuff and not release them on DVD. That'd be just stupid.

What the hell are YOU talking about? I'm talking about the commercial for the anime network, not about their DVD releases.
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:40 pm Reply with quote
i know i can skip it but its bloody annoying and a waste of space.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Iron Chef wrote:
I wonder why ADV can't release Diamond Dust Drops under that name? That whole concept is pretty darned important to the series, especially the last episode. What's the other option? Suspended Airborne Ice Crystals?

Possible illegal drug with that name? Other name is Onto the North, which is fairly appropriate.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I just want to know who at ADV finally decided to pick up Five Star Stories. And, for that matter, *why*? Pretty much anyone who's ever been interested in FSS has seen the thing years ago, and since they don't have the manga, it's not like they can do any kind of cross-promotion. I mean, yeah, it's nice to know the DVD will be in stores at some point, and of course I'll buy it, but I'll probably be one of like *five* people who actually will.

[...the fact that as far as that goes, the Five Star Stories OVA is basically a waste of time and money, and a whole different kind of fanservice (think the Tokyo Babylon/X Movie kind) is another thing entirely x_X]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen Five Star Stories.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
i know i can skip it but its bloody annoying and a waste of space.

I agree that it's both, but since you can skip it so easily, I'm not sure why it's an issue. I remember when I used to have to fast forward through 5 or 6 minutes of Manga Ent. previews back in the VHS days, now that was a pain.
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:29 pm Reply with quote
yeah, but still..................DAMN YOU ADV FOR LICENSING GODANNAR RIGHT BEFORE THE END!!!! you had all the time in the world to license it. during the first season, during the little break between the 1st and the 2nd season, but NOOOOOOOOOO, you had to license it just at the the climax. now i know for sure thats ADV's purpose is to cause pain and suffering for the fans.

evil i tell ya!!! EVIL!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3