• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ace Attorney Games' Live-Action Film Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this alright! Smile
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
*happy dance*
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they saw the Musical version before greenlighting this
some clips in case no one knows what i'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqHC0EJ4_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30Xyr7_lSs&feature=related
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this will be terrible...
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It was so obvious from the first article that it would a Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban movie. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
narutokaku20

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Wow, this will be terrible...

*happy troll dance*
poonk

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The film will star Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen's Noda, NANA's Nobu, Akihabara @ DEEP's Page) as the novice attorney Phoenix Wright (Ryuichi Naruhodo)
Other cast members include Takumi Saitō (RoboGeisha, Princess Princess D) as prosecutor Miles Edgeworth (Reiji Mitsurugi)

I don't know anything about Phoenix Wright, but SOLD! Especially on Takumi Saito. I've been waiting for him to take on some higher profile roles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
This could either be a really fun movie, or a overpriced Youtube video gone wrong. Confused Plus I'm already not liking the casting on it. Wright is not a pretty boy, and Maya's not a gravure model. Mad Oh, and Edgeworth is not emo. Evil or Very Mad [Google their photos to see what I mean.]
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Miike? I'm sold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
i'm so excited for this. and it's primarily because since it's being done within the Japanese movie industry, which is infamous for being hammy and not taking itself to seriously, it's going to fit in so well with the quirky characters and settings of the Ace Attorney universe. This is a movie that shouldn't take itself too seriously and I feel like it definitely won't.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a crossover with Professor Layton, and now a live action movie? Why can't we get more games? I would buy a ton of them if they would just keep making those games (not just the Edgeworth games) but an actual game with Phoenix as the lead. C'mon guys, make it happen!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
.... *reads the article again...* ... *and again, and again till she reads it a good four or five times*

... ok... maybe I'm hallucinating, but it says Takashi Miike - aka bloody violent movie dude who did such films as Audition, Ichi the Killer, and 13 Assassins... is directing the live action Phoenix Wright movie.

Did I read that right? Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? Because I... I don't trust my eyes right now.

I'm trying to imagine a live action Phoenix Wright film by Takashi Miike right now, and it's either one of the most awesome court room dramas of all time, or one of the most bizarre.

I'm assuming all you people automatically expecting a regular cheesy Japanese film have never ever seen a Takashi Miike film. I'm actually kind of worried. I need to go look up some of his less violent films now. He can do drama of that I'm sure, but camp? I just don't know. I feel like any camp from Takashi Miike is going to immediately followed by a knife right into my gut as punishment for laughing... and then it'll be twisted. Twisted a whole lot. And very very bloody.

I'll be afraid to laugh.

GATSU wrote:
This could either be a really fun movie, or a overpriced Youtube video gone wrong. Confused Plus I'm already not liking the casting on it. Wright is not a pretty boy, and Maya's not a gravure model. Mad Oh, and Edgeworth is not emo. Evil or Very Mad [Google their photos to see what I mean.]

Wright is TOTALLY a pretty boy, Edgworth is completely moody when it comes to Wright, and Maya has on occasion been turned into a gravure model via possessions. Come on, anyone who's played the games can totally see where the fanservice will come in with Maya.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
The cast seems alright for now. I'm not sure if this is going to go well...but we'll see!

I wonder how they'll do Phoenix's hair lol

Man i LOVE the ace attorney series! I kinda wished it would be an anime instead, but w/e works
Chowing

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Who cares if it will suck; just seeing a movie based on Ace Attorney will be awesome! Very Happy
Vent

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

If you want young Japanese actors. "pretty boy" and "model" are about your only options.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2