• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Xillia Adds Star Driver Downloadable Content

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoandSo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote
Umm, ok. But did they just not show the Star Driver stuff yet? Cause those outfits look more Arc the Lad to me, brosef.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Wow, I hope this is available in the West when it comes out.

Since we're actually getting this Tales game for a change.

Oh wait that was Graces F, crap.

Last edited by TitanXL on Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
SoandSo wrote:
Umm, ok. But did they just not show the Star Driver stuff yet? Cause those outfits look more Arc the Lad to me, brosef.

The ones in that video are the pre-order bonus outfits, which are of two earlier Tales characters.

This is the only picture of the Star Driver costumes I've seen.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Either way, Xillia looks great. AND this looks like PS3 only so other consoles won't seem to get screwed over (like Vesperia or Graces)
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Wow, I hope this is available in the West when it comes out.

Since we're actually getting this Tales game for a change.

Oh wait that was Graces F, crap.

Dunno what's your deal but I'm absolutely, positively thrilled we're getting Graces F. I hope we get Xillia too but ANY Tales game is something to be excited and happy about if you ask me.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

Dunno what's your deal but I'm absolutely, positively thrilled we're getting Graces F. I hope we get Xillia too but ANY Tales game is something to be excited and happy about if you ask me.
As massive of a Tales fan I am, I'm pretty excited about it too. I'd be even moreso if it weren't for the fact that I've already been importing Tales games for about 2 years now. I figured the series was dead over here, so I took the initiative to import some games and start learning the language back then. Even though the series is apparently getting a revival over here, I don't regret it in the least--the Team Destiny games I've imported are far better than anything released stateside, and learning the language as much as I have is pretty awesome skill. Honestly, I'll continue to import games, even if the series really does fully come back alive in America(though I will by a US copy of Graces F just to help out the sales).

And of course, I'm gonna be doing the same with Xillia(which, btw, looks f**kin' great). I don't have a PS3 yet, but--thankfully--they're releasing a PS3 bundle for the game, that looks BEYOND badass. Figured it'd be the perfect chance for me to get one, so once when pre-orders open up for the bundle, I'm putting on in. Twisted Evil
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope this comes out in English. I got a PS3 so I could play Tales of Vesperia, damn bastards just had to have money problems and not release it.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. I don't know if Xillia will quite be breaking out of the usual tales cliches as much as some might have hoped but it looks fantastic for sure.
rewpbertt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Looks interesting. I don't know if Xillia will quite be breaking out of the usual tales cliches as much as some might have hoped but it looks fantastic for sure.

We'll see, I mean the game only has two trailers
I'll hold out hope we get to see it over here, finger crossed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1