• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
noitaminA Industry Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Aw, when they were advertising the panel they said something about a "big announcement" and it sounds like nothing really new was announced, had my fingers crossed that it would be a simulcast announcement for the summer.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Given your new-found enthusiasm for noiitaminA, Funi, how about releasing Mononoke and Hataraki Man? I'd buy a BR release of the former, and one of House of Five Leaves, too. Of course, despite the article calling these shows a "more sophisticated" brand of anime, we wouldn't want to license the ones that actually are sophisticated, would we?

I'd bring up Nodame Cantabile, but its problems appear largely due to obstinacy on the part of Sony/Aniplex. Hell, they won't even let people with US IP addresses watch the dubbed version on Crackle anymore, never mind releasing the series on disc.

Having recenly caught a couple of episodes of Eden on Funimation's cable service, I found it much less compelling the second time around, despite the reported reaction from the audience. Not really a purchase for me.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Will The Tatami Galaxy have a snowball's chance in Hell of dvd release in the US of A? Inquiring mind wants to know...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:
Will The Tatami Galaxy have a snowball's chance in Hell of dvd release in the US of A? Inquiring mind wants to know...

I'd imagine you may need to put in the same amount of fan feedback like how those fans of Princess Jellyfish did. That'll increase its chances.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1