• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV February Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsumi888

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Gantz Volume 1 is only 50 minutes long? Is that a misprint or is ADV releasing it 2 episodes a DVD? I guess that it has something to do with the 17.99 MSRP. Anyway, does anyone know if it's going to be the uncut version?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Tatsumi888 wrote:
Anyway, does anyone know if it's going to be the uncut version?

I don't see why not. ADV is good at not doing "edit/dub only" releases. They aren't 4kids or Tokyopop, you know...
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quote
what I want to know is when are they releasing Full Metal Panic Fumoffu??
biliano*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
...and still no word yet on when or if ADV will release Maburaho or FMP Fumoffu Crying or Very sad
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Gah! When are they going to announce Super GALS! volume 7?

Allen Divers sorta vaguely let it drop in a chat last summer that ADV was able to get the rights to the other 26 episodes after all.

It's my favourite anime TV series from the past decade or so. I need another fix!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:57 am Reply with quote
But Blue Seed already has a box. I own it. Unless this is a new one with includes the OVA as well.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:34 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Tatsumi888 wrote:
Anyway, does anyone know if it's going to be the uncut version?

I don't see why not. ADV is good at not doing "edit/dub only" releases. They aren't 4kids or Tokyopop, you know...

There is a somewhat heavily (and badly) edited version of both seasons for the Japanese TV midnight/morning broadcast (yes, it was that graphic). It reduced the series down a few episodes (hence why season 1 was only 11 episodes, the DVD version is a full 13 supposedly), so it could meet network standards. I think ADV are getting this uncut version, infact, fairly sure. No idea why the first volume only has two episodes, though.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:39 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
I think ADV are getting this uncut version, infact, fairly sure. No idea why the first volume only has two episodes, though.

Yeah, they got the uncut version. The fact that they have to wait on the Japanese DVD release might also be the reason there only seem to be two episodes on the first disc...

Allegedly, they're doing the same thing with Elfen Lied, waiting to get some uncut Japanese DVD version of the series (assuming I heard David Williams right at AWA...) before releasing it here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bakedleech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quote
So does anyone know how many DVDs of Gantz they are going to release? In other words, how big is the box with the special edition? When I preordered it I was assuming it was going to be a standard 4 dvd/13 ep first season, but now I'm all confused.
Toboe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote
so dudes who else is TOTALLY PUMPED for the last volume of AURA BATTLER DUNBINE?!?

spoiler[not me]
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:00 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
...and still no word yet on when or if ADV will release Maburaho or FMP Fumoffu Crying or Very sad

Or Gravion Zwei for that matter. I hope the second season sees the light of day on dvd in 2005 while the memory is fresh of the first season on dvd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:52 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Allegedly, they're doing the same thing with Elfen Lied, waiting to get some uncut Japanese DVD version of the series (assuming I heard David Williams right at AWA...) before releasing it here.

The TV version of Elfen Lied wasn't uncut? Shocked
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know anything about this new Saiyuki release? I'm just very curious. It appears the first volume will have around 8-10 episodes. For only around 20-30 dollars.

Edited to say: I think I figured out with furthur reasonable thinking. 'Double barrel' they say and it's 250 min, and the two first original d.v.d.'s were 125 each. So, this means it is probably a package of two d.v.d.'s together going through vol.12. It makes sense. I wonder why their doing this. Bad sales? I wonder if it has anything new (covers, extra stuff...)probably not.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Nagisa"]
Steventheeunuch wrote:
I have the first r2 (gift from a friend i know in japan) and I dindt notice anything new or extended.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1