• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment [2011-07-23]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In the upcoming third season, the cast will also be recording an English version of “Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu (My Love is a Stapler).

This is supposed to be third "volume," right?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
For the anime fans that haven't added Akira to their DVD shelves yet, the film will be re-released on DVD. The last release of this classic was for Blu-Ray only, which left many fans out in the cold. There was no mention of whether or not anything will be updated for this release.

What a waste of an announcement.

If people want to buy it on DVD so bad then they could just buy one of the Geneon releases since they're still available everywhere (and not just at Right Stuf either). If they were trying to compete with FUNi to see who can re-release an anime in the lowest quality possible then FUNi won that one with their Dragon Ball Z orange brick masters going on Blu-ray which also isn't worth spending money on again.

Comic-Con was disappointing on both anime & video game sides (also looking at Capcom) and i hope we hear better license announcements from both Bandai & FUNi at Otakon.
gojira89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Other notable new releases include The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, which will be released on both DVD and Blu-Ray on September 30.

I think you meant September 20th not 30th because the 30th isn't even on a Tuesday.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For the anime fans that haven't added Akira to their DVD shelves yet, the film will be re-released on DVD. The last release of this classic was for Blu-Ray only, which left many fans out in the cold. There was no mention of whether or not anything will be updated for this release.

I actually would like a re-release of Akira but on Blu-ray. The Bandai Visual version was dubtitled and I prefer the subtitle track I have on my Geneon DVDs.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:59 am Reply with quote
jrnemanich wrote:
Quote:

I actually would like a re-release of Akira but on Blu-ray. The Bandai Visual version was dubtitled and I prefer the subtitle track I have on my Geneon DVDs.

Yeah, that's pretty much why i'm keeping my special edition DVDs as well as the Blu-ray and as soon as i get an extra 3-disc Blu-ray case, i'll be using it as a combo pack.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:08 am Reply with quote
Akira die-hards should hunt down the first pressing of the Blu-ray. That booklet it comes with is godly. A very informative read if I do say so myself.
Nekusagi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
Good to see Bandai hasn't forgotten about Star Driver, then. The lack of talk about it since they got the licensed had me worried it'd be another Bandai no-show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1