• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Udon to Print Sengoku Basara, Valkyria, Soejima Books

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:12 am Reply with quote
"the Valkyria Chronicles 2 gane" --> game
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote
But what about finishing the Silent Mobius Complete Collection manga? Those are sweet editions. Crying or Very sad
vermilionone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quote
Can Udon be trusted with the manga? They're doing a pretty godawful job with Silent Moebius.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:50 am Reply with quote
While they're at it, what ever happened to the first Valkyria Chronicles artbook they were going to release in English? I don't even know if it's out - all I know is that I ordered it in February from Amazon and I've gotten mail after mail this year ping-ponging the release date around, to where I'm not sure when it IS supposed to come out anymore. Then I thought I saw it being sold at Rightstuf.com.

At this point I have no idea anymore. I just want the artbook I ordered before my order laps the one-year mark.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
vermilionone wrote:
Can Udon be trusted with the manga? They're doing a pretty godawful job with Silent Moebius.

I'm enjoying the SF/DS manga, and the Mega Man Mega Mix is fun.
And, the American SF comics are amazing, so I think they do a decent job.

Not one for Art books, but will definitely be picking up the Sengoku Basara manga...Put Ya Guns On!!
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
vermilionone wrote:

I'd say not really after they pretty much dropped all of their manhwa titles without a word.
Not that I cared about a few of them, but stopping Magical JxR with only one volume left was a pretty low blow.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote
No word on a new Robot release? Bother. Guess I'm probably the only one buying them. Time to start importing the rest from Japan.
Almaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
No word on a new Robot release? Bother. Guess I'm probably the only one buying them. Time to start importing the rest from Japan.

Sadly, Udon said they had a licensing issue with Robot. They are not putting any more out. There was a least two people buying the series, you and I. I got the impression from the reply from Udon that Robot did sell well enough to continue. Maybe it didn't, never know.

That said. I already voiced my unhappiness over the phantom release dates. I still do not know if Amazon just picked a date, or Udon keeps on pushing the date back. I heard a rumor that the books are pressed overseas, and the time frame is vague on when they are finished.

I got the Tony's Art book from Udon. I have been happy with the finished book. I am waiting for Ar Tonelico which has been pre-ordered from the beginning of the year. I is "supposed" to "finally" come out in early August.
leeleekins

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
So they're FINALLY going to release the Sengoku Basara manga? Its only been on their website for like 2 years now taunting me. But argh! I feel my wallets emptying already...
Zags

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
>Basara merch

So there.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
i played the first Sengoku Basara game, so I guess i'll check out the manga.
pika-pon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to the Pixiv artbooks. :I
stonehand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
I would look forward to the new books if it weren't for the fact that they are so damn inconsistent on their release schedule. Maybe when they can show a history of consistent releases will I get more enthused about their releases. Right now, I'm still waiting on the rest of Silent Mobius.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1