• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magica's 496-Page Archive Weighs in at 1.6 Kg

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpg13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope they offer it here in the US.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I really doubt it. Maybe they could have one or two at a booth at a con or something, but the reason the Japanese fans want stuff like this is because it's limited. Rare. Unique. And if Aniplex were to sell it via the usual online places here then it would lose its value greatly.

That said, that book looks awesome. I am super jealous cause the art in PMMM was just gorgeous.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Seriously? only 5500 yen? That's scary cheap considering the retail price of many other collector's edition works/artbooks.
mangamaxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh the pain!! Now that I know this exists, I want it so much! How do us good folks outside of Japan get this!?!?!? There's the whole, travel to Japan and go to Comiket 80 route, but it's more pricey than most of us can handle. And I'm too impatient for eBay.... and I'm sure it'll cost double or more if I use a proxy...............................It's a living Otaku hell!!!!! I cannot unsee this, and it will haunt my dreams.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Zerreth wrote:
Seriously? only 5500 yen? That's scary cheap considering the retail price of many other collector's edition works/artbooks.
Yeah, price seems low to me too.
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I want one... like, really want one. (The book, I mean. I can live without the bag/t-shirt/etc. package)
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
The archive just sounds godly, now. And 140 pages of Gekidan Inu Curry stuff? Dear lord, that's the stuff of art designers' orgasms everwhere! The karuta card set sounds lovely as well... though I'm confused and amused that it comes with a read-along CD (are Urobuchi stories now appropriate to read to children? Laughing )

Oh, and Veers... just wondering... did you get the private message that I sent you last week? Hope the PM system on my end is working alright...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, uh... I even wrote a reply, but now that you mention it, I don't see it in my sentbox... I could've sworn I sent it. I wonder how that happened... orz
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Both packages sound like absolute steals. I would wish that Aniplex would package an LE of Madoka Magica with that archive, but I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately. Too bad production archive books rarely, if ever, are sold here, even if done in a Aniplex USA-way and sold as is with a translation book alongside it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Guh, I want it so badly! 5500 yen is a such a steal for that.
infjeff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Good god I need that NOW! By "advance copies" do they mean it'll be more widely available down the line? Because this would be amazing to have in my Madoka shrine. And I think that price is a bargain too.
Ringking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I've been watching sets of production art going for $500 for 100 pages (and a friend assures me some sets have gotten beyond $2000), so this seems like a ridiculously cheap price. I really wish they would offer this online, even if it is only in Japan (cause then i could use a mail proxy Razz).
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
Man, I wish Aniplex do this at major North American conventions. I don't want to buy it from an online auction at ridiculously inflated price.

Speaking of hyper-popular, expensive, thick books, Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 production books are going about $400-$500 each now.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Looks lovely. The book would be my favorite, but I have to say I love the t-shirt design. Of course, whenever I get a limited edition t-shirt I don't wear it because I know I can never use it again and it basically goes to waste... The curse of wanting everything to be in mint condition!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1