• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ben-To School Comedy TV Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madlaxNoir2001

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
This might be an interesting show to watch.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Th second clip is MUCH better than the first. I guess it was lost to me without speaking Japanese, but the second clip makes the point clear.

Looks like a ridiculous premise and well animated action.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I know that anime is never very realistic, but the premise is so ridiculous that i'm not sure if i'll be able to get around it. Plus it looks as if it will depend on fan-service crutches.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Plus it looks as if it will depend on fan-service crutches.

Y'mean crotches! Laughing
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story revolves around a poor high school student named Yō Satō (Hiro Shimono). Satō goes to the supermarket one day and discovers a bentō (boxed meal) on sale at half price. Just as he reaches to grab it, he ends up on the floor unconscious. Satō has just entered the fierce, no-holds-barred "supermarket survival battle"for half-price bentō.

...okay. The only way I'm going to watch this show is if the following happens:
1. They will put rockets on shopping carts and have an in-store, super, ultra NASCAR-esque race to the checkout line.

2. There will be a food fight of epic proportions that invoke chainsaws, machine guns, and/or magical beam-things everywhere.

3. The mascot will be a talking, sushi-chef master octopus who's a deadpan snarker and likes to ridicule all of the characters.

4. The "blue haired" girl is the classic Yamato Nadeshiko (which is my favorite anime girl cliche since the Badass Damsel).

If none of these events take place or at least one, then I'm not even going to bother.

*Please note that I'm not being completely serious*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1