• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RahXephon, Cromartie High School and Colorful Confirmed for G4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:10 am Reply with quote
All right, it finally looks like people can now watch some ADV shows without DVDs or Anime Network. Granted, I own all of these series, but it's still cool to see them on Cable TV.

I would've never thought something like Cromartie would end up on American TV though. The humor is a bit different.

On second thought, it's perfect for the Adult Swim-type viewer though.

Looks like I'm staying up late again.... Confused
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quote
Piss, I was hoping Cromartie would show up on Adult Swim. It'd have no problems fitting in like Milk-Chan did.

I hope their commercial breaks aren't as bad as last I checked.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:20 am Reply with quote
Well, way to go G4. I don't care what other people say about you. You brought us back Call for Help (Monday at 10AM CST) and now Cromartie High. But there's still that whole Video Game Vixen thing. Need the less, thanks for Cromartie and Leo.

As far as the ads, I don't think so. It's still late night, there will still be "Girls Gone Wild" about something and infomericals. 2-3 minutes ads every 6-7 minutes will still be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Call for Help (Monday at 10AM CST) ... Leo.

IMPOSSIBLE! I absolutely fail to believe that G4 could do something even halfway decent, much less INTELLIGENT like bothering to bring back some of TechTV's old lineup.

And even if they have, it's far too little, FAR too late. They've had their shot. As for this anime lineup (what the hell kind of retarded name is "Barbed-Wire Biscuit" anyway?), Colorful was a non-issue, RahXephon was just barely forgivable, but Cromartie High...screw you, G4. Have you really forgotten your role? You're supposed to be the haven for crap while Adult Swim gets all the good stuff. Your bag's Abenobashi, not CROMARTIE. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:44 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
IMPOSSIBLE! I absolutely fail to believe that G4 could do something even halfway decent, much less INTELLIGENT like bothering to bring back some of TechTV's old lineup.

Well, Leo did put in his blog and it's showing up on Tivo. Leoville The great thing is...
Quote:
In fact, as those of you who have been watching it know, it’s really more like the Screen Savers of old than Call for Help used to be, especially now that Kevin Rose has agreed to appear on the show twice a week. We’ll get Patrick up to Toronto, too, I promise.
Let's face facts, AotS can try to be like TSS, but never well be.

As much love I have for AS, which has been much lately, if G4 can fix the probelms they had with ad to show ratio, then I'll forgive and forget (execpt for Video Game Vixens... the bastards). But hey, even the good ones just get away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Colorful was a non-issue, RahXephon was just barely forgivable, but Cromartie High...screw you, G4. Have you really forgotten your role? You're supposed to be the haven for crap while Adult Swim gets all the good stuff. Your bag's Abenobashi, not CROMARTIE. Confused

Why do you wish bad things upon G4?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Looks like G4 is only going to have Anime Unleashed on Fridays from now on.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Why do you wish bad things upon G4?

The same reasons any other former avid TechTV viewer does. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Looks like G4 is only going to have Anime Unleashed on Fridays from now on.
Do'h. Well, the ratings for the block was, or, never really have been, that good. Atleast three new series, it'll be awhile before they start to show reruns.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well,. . .the fact is they are...as well as Nerd Nation,and Future Fighting Machines. this is good news for techtv fans.
that makes 7 shows of Techtv G4 has kept Robot Wars,Future Fighting Machines,Nerd Nation,Anime Unleashed,Attack of the show(sense it is the reminice of TSS)and. . .X-Play(but G4 has its hand up X-play's butt) so in a way Techtv is coming back...
. . . . .yet in a way but who really knows but yeah thoses show are coming back...

and with the new shows on AU and the new time slot,really smart move on G4's part w/ the timeslot,....and the shows....Yeah. . .I'll watch them (mainly RahXaphon) so.. w/e
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh...heh my bad,I messed up on Nagisa's post.. but you get it... Shocked
Saito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Hold up. Maybe someone at G4 still has a few brain cells left in their noggin. Although it has a crappy timeslot, Leo is coming back on the US airwaves. Kevin Rose is going to appear on the show twice a week and they might get Patrick back on there.

As for Cromartie High School, it should do just fine on late night, you know, with the stoners and all. Anime dazed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1