• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Idolm@ster Shiny Festa to Bundle 3 New Anime Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
And now I have to buy all 3 versions... How they suck money from me.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
Awesome! More Idolmaster episodes is a great thing.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Three more eps ~ it isn't a season 2 but I've been dieing for more of the anime. Ep 26 had me laughing the whole time.

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Three more eps ~ it isn't a season 2 but I've been dieing for more of the anime. Ep 26 had me laughing the whole time.

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.

Its probably that expensive due to the anime episodes. They generally run like 30-40 bucks a piece in the volumes after all.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Its probably that expensive due to the anime episodes. They generally run like 30-40 bucks a piece in the volumes after all.

Scamco at work. I think I'm just going to wait until the game gets a re-release at a cheaper price point. Like you know a greatest hits copy since SP and all the other games got one a year or two after it's first release.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
Sweet more Idolmasters but why cant they just make a new season
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet more Idolmasters but why can't they just make a new season

My guess is SF isn't big enough to make another season to promote the games. (which is what the anime was since im@s 2 came out for the ps3 during it's run along with all the G4U! vols) Which is why we're just getting ovas instead.

Cinderella girls is getting it's own manga and now we're getting a manga based off the anime for im@s.

I'm guessing that the next "big" game in the series is when we'll get more ovas or a second season. They need something to tie in to the anime or make DLC out of.
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

The original price for SP was 5040 yen. Were you quoting the greatest hits version price?

So, 5980 yen isn't that terrible since games range from the 5000 yen mark to 6000 yen or so.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

The original price for SP was 5040 yen. Were you quoting the greatest hits version price?

So, 5980 yen isn't that terrible since games range from the 5000 yen mark to 6000 yen or so.

http://www.play-asia.com/The_Idolmster_2_PlayStation3_Best_Version/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4z3n.html
^ that's for im@s 2, It's $52.90 without shipping, if you get Fedex or EMS it's like $10-$15 added on to it.

ah I thought SP was kinda cheap right off the bat since you can't find the first release copy online anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1