• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Slayers Author Kanzaka Comments on Possibility of New Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
New Slayers would be fine, as long as it didn't involve a pokemon tagging along. I have a strong dislike for mascot characters, especially ones who don't shut up and have unusually grating voices. How about some more OVAs with Naga? Those were always a blast.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I want something involving Lina's sister personally. She's been built up for years and we still haven't seen her
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I love Slayers and I want to see more, I have to buy Season 5 to show my support, I've got seasons 1 through 4.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
New Slayers is always good.

Bring back Sylphiel and Filia. ...Yeah, right. Anime cry
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
New Slayers would be fine, as long as it didn't involve a pokemon tagging along. I have a strong dislike for mascot characters, especially ones who don't shut up and have unusually grating voices.
My first guess would be that a new project would be another sequel series, so it really depends on what's in the next books.
Graceful Nanami wrote:
Bring back Sylphiel and Filia. ...Yeah, right. Anime cry
Given that Filia was an anime-original character in an anime-original arc(on another (anime-original?)continent, no less), it's not likely she'll show up again. More Sylphiel is always good, though.
publicenemy333 wrote:
I want something involving Lina's sister personally. She's been built up for years and we still haven't seen her
Isn't that kind of the point? It'd be like Maris from Frasier actually putting in an appearance.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
Well this makes me happy! I hope if it does, and if/when Funi licenses it, that it'll be in the same book-spine format! I like how even S4-5 followed that look too.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote
Slayers is fine and all, I dont begrudge more episodes, but Id rather more Tenchi if we are talking 90s old school shows.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:

I expect it would be difficult to write a character that would actually measure up to her reputation.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Slayers is fine and all, I don't begrudge more episodes, but Id rather more Tenchi if we are talking 90s old school shows.

Honestly, I'd rather have some more Tenchi as well, and something that actually features Tenchi instead of these spinoffs we keep getting. But...I'll take what I can get.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
New Slayers is never a bad thing! Very Happy I'd whole-heartedly support new episodes!!
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Slayers is fine and all, I don't begrudge more episodes, but Id rather more Tenchi if we are talking 90s old school shows.

Honestly, I'd rather have some more Tenchi as well, and something that actually features Tenchi instead of these spinoffs we keep getting. But...I'll take what I can get.

The latest spin-off (anime#10393) had great production values, and the character was very humble cute boy (and voice actor was perfectly fitting, one of the best voices for teenage characters). If not Tenchi himself, I am pleased with that, too.
Veroniku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Slayers is my favorite anime!! I'm so excited, hope they will get a new series out!!

I love Rezo (and Rezo's seiyuu, Koyasu), but it'd be great to have a completely new villain, hehe. Xellas would be a way tougher foe!! o.o And it would bring lots of Xellos-goodness!

Any Slayers is fine, but personally I'm not rooting for Nagah ^^;
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
Oh god, please no more Naga. I never understood what people saw in those short films/OVAs. The series were so much better, even the newest filler ones.

Make it good and make it right, that's all I ask for.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ah slayers, well if it has anything to do with the novels beyond what season two covered then I'm in, if not and its something else entirley, meh we'll see. Its slayers I'll probably watch it anyway for the hell of it.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Sweet, more Slayers is never a bad thing!

Hopefully, all of the original voice actors will return if the project is confirmed.

Quote:
In response, Kanzaka teased that he too had heard the rumors, but at the current time, he could not make any definitive statement, and that his editor was "throttling him while saying that there may or may not be something in the works."

That sounds pretty scary. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2