• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, September 3-9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
This is a very disappointing showing by Tari Tari.. Stalker had it at about 14k sales. This is probably the biggest overestimation I've ever seen Stalker do before
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
This is a very disappointing showing by Tari Tari.. Stalker had it at about 14k sales. This is probably the biggest overestimation I've ever seen Stalker do before

Stalker?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Stalker?

http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

Its a site that tracks Amazon anime preorders and projects its sales. Normally its within 20% of the projected sales, but Tari Tari was far off.

The top row is Top 100 anime overall, 2nd row is Top BDs for the current season, and last row is the Top DVDs for the current season.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
It's probably that Tari Tari had much more of a percentage who bought on Amazon than the norm. That would cause the stalker to overestimate it quite a bit.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
What were the range of sales for Moyashimon's first season? 993 is quite low, but it's no surprise when pretty much everyone across the board agrees this season is far weaker in every single aspect, from writing to design. It's a disappointment for sure, but I still enjoy what's left of it.

Surprised AKB0048 dropped off so much, but the first release was either cheap or came with tickets or something that made it sell far beyond normal, right?

When do the heavy hitters start coming out? SAO and Horizon have to be killing it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
What were the range of sales for Moyashimon's first season? 993 is quite low, but it's no surprise when pretty much everyone across the board agrees this season is far weaker in every single aspect, from writing to design. It's a disappointment for sure, but I still enjoy what's left of it.

Surprised AKB0048 dropped off so much, but the first release was either cheap or came with tickets or something that made it sell far beyond normal, right?

When do the heavy hitters start coming out? SAO and Horizon have to be killing it.

1. DVD Wiki says about 7-8k average for the volumes of Moyashimon's first series. It did sell another 1k in DVDs, so its 2k total... a huge drop off. Its probably due to the fact they took too long to make a new series. When you wait 5 years, most people have forgotten and moved onto new things.

2. SAO comes out late October, and Horizon will come out late September. SAO is going crazy currently after the last episode, at #1 in the overall Amazon DVD/BD rankings (not just anime), so its going to do amazing sales once it finally releases. 40-50k isn't out of the question IMO.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... The sales of Hyouka LE 3 are the only ones that I chipped in to help with this time. The other two BDs in my order from AmazonJP didn't do well enough. ;_;

I'm still considering Tari Tari, but it's looking unlikely at the moment. It's pretty enough, but I'm not enjoying the characters or story sufficiently to push me over the edge into buying it. If it gets a solid conclusion, I may change my mind.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry about KyoAni, they killed with the K-ON movie, and Hyouka is doing well enough for itself.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
wow Tari Tari's sale is low. most people think it will sell 10k first week.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

no, most people think this season is about the same than last season. SAO, horizon season 2, Tari Tari will sell just as good last season top 3(Fate Zero S2(not out), Kuroko no Basuke, Hyouka) if not better. Then everything else is shit
Erza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
wow Tari Tari's sale is low. most people think it will sell 10k first week.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

no, most people think this season is about the same than last season. SAO, horizon season 2, Tari Tari will sell just as good last season top 3(Fate Zero S2(not out), Kuroko no Basuke, Hyouka) if not better. Then everything else is shit

Will there be another season of SAO, Tari Tari and Campione?? Also, Horizon Season3?? Does anyone know? Please tell me!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1