• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm back and I have watched a hell of a lot more anime, and can make a real list now. Smile

Favorites:

1. Martian Successor Nadesico: Nothing has been able to top this anime since I first saw it on Super Robot Week on Cartoon Network. I watched the entire thing over the summer of 2005, and it is, to this day, the best anime I have seen, and nothing has been able to top it. It has, in my opinion, the best characters of any anime, and although the ending was open-ended, it brought out the most in all of the characters, only really lacking in a full romantic exposure, but still extremely well executed in accordance to the multitudes of developement of the characters and their changes throughout the series. When it ended, it left me depresssed for a long time, and even more when they cancelled the sequel. I would love to see these great characters again in another, very, very well made anime!

2. Love Hina (Anime and Manga): This got me into romance anime, and I watched it right after Nadesico to, umm... relieve the pain. But the ending of this and the disappointment of the movies and OVA were painful. So, I read the manga, and it was a perfect masterpiece! The characters and story in this were very well executed, as well as their interpersonal relationships. Episodes were not wasted to bring the characters closer together, and it featured a lot of my favorite things in anime, the red blushing lines that go accross the character's face under eyes and accross the nose! Great series.

3. Samurai Champloo: Another series that featured what I like the most - great character developement and characters. This series was all about the developement of the characters and what happened together with them. Each episode was extremeley well executed, and although the series was not linear, the characters developed with each other very nicely, ending up with the best last 3 episodes (finale) of any series I have seen. Extremely well done and executed, I don't think it could have been better except with an addition of a little romance element. Nonetheless, the revelations and developement through the series was perfect. Jin, Mugen, and Fuu = Great characters.

4. Mai Hime: This genre of anime, with all these elements, is my favorite. Action, with drama and romance. Mai Hime was extremely well executed, but sadly, with an average-bad last couple of minutes. The romance was never wrapped up, and the manga did the anime no justice. Mai and Tate were two extremely good characters, and again, although the story had some weak points, the characters were great, and their appearances and re-appearances were very well made. The series starts off with a lot of comedy, and slowly moves onto drama, greatly reminding me of love hina and a much less serious KGNE. Very, very good series, I really wish it would continue. These top 4 are my overall favorites, very close to each other, so it was hard to choose an order. This show is tied, or even better than samurai champloo in most areas, its just that I needed to put it lower because of champloo's last three episodes.

5. Mononoke Hime: The best anime movie, in my opinion. Amazing, brings in all the elements I love in a series. Because of the ending, I had to bring it lower, and it probably would have been number two if there was more between Ashitika and San. Still, it was perfectly executed, and it was pretty amazing. I wasn't expecting it. There was a good bit of romance, wonderful character developement, and a story to draw the viewer in. The turning points were perfectly executed, and perfectly done. There were no weak points in the story, except for the end (which i thought was superb), but there could have been more dialogue between the main charcacters. It is easy to infer what would happen next, but lets just leave this masterpiece alone as what it is - a masterpiece.

6. Full Metal Panic! (All 3 of them): Such a good series, but only recieved an excellent rating from me because of the poor story. Usually, this doesn't affect me, but this time, it did. TSR was the best of the series, in my opinion, infusing romance with the best drama. If it was longer, it would be one of my biggest favorites. This series had extremely good characters, that were very memorably, just not developed to the extent they could have been. I enjoyed this through and through. It may sound like I am bashing this series, but it is number 5 on my favorites, and is, in fact, truly amazing and surprising. Very, very good through and through, except for the lack of closure in romance and the lack of emphasis on the story (pacing problems was really what i meant.)

7. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien: Serious romance anime, but, for a straight romance anime, I enjoyed Love Hina more because of its extent in realizing the potential of...[blushing and] the characters. I thought this series would die after the real story was introduced, but it kept its amazing-ness and was powerful through and through. This anime is the strongest of all the animes on this list, and possesses the most powerful drama moments, romantic moments, and animation and art. I loved the characters as well. There was just something missing in this series that brought it away from Nadesico and Love Hina, (missing in Mai Hime: ending, missing in Samurai Champloo: romance). Great ending to top off a truly amazing series

8. s.CRY.ed: Wow. I was surprised. I guess this show brought me back into anime after I watched KGNE and was caught up with schoolwork. I watched the dub, and loved it. The end was quite sad, especially with the spoiler[ death of my favorite character, Straight Cougar. ]. Cougar was the best character in my opinion, but this series also had a very strong story as well as character developement. Cougar acted as a wild but influential person, affecting the decisions of both Kazuma and Ryuho, and finally, bringing them together for an amazing show of revenge and ... sorta... union and friendship? But, this series was amazing, and left me hanging in the end, although there was no where the series could have gone after the end. Great show, my favorite full fighting show, by far.

9. FLCL: Man, I wish these characters would come back, would have gotten the last spot if the last episode were worse, but the last episode could have brought the series up to spot 4 or 5... it's just that, I liked the elements of the above anime better. Scryed and FLCL are actually tied, I just remembered about FLCL after Scryed, so it's 9. FLCL had great characters, was hilarious, and had great developement, even if it was confusing, it was all fully created to its potential in episode 6. There should have been more of Eri, though, and that would have greatly exalted the series. I loved this series, especially for the eyebrows guy and the great last ep, which brought in drama, sadness, and romance, as well as fighting, and was executed to the best of its ability. There should have been a lil more between Naota and Eri tho, haha.

10. Fullmetal Alchemist: 51 Episodes, I thought I wouldn't get through it. I did, and I was surprised. Perfect turning points, amazing building up of situation, great developement of characters. The only thing severely lacking was that final touch on the characters to bring in drama. This did happen, though, with Roy Mustang and Maes Hughes. Those two characters were superbly developed, so well, that they are the standout characters of the show. It was so enjoyable and thoroughly great to watch the buildup after spoiler[ Maes Hughes' death] and the change of heart of Roy. This series was performed so well, that I think it can be enjoyable to fans of any anime, except romance. Nothing was left open-ended, except of course, the outcome after the series.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
yan!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:35 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

All the same, it's still appreciated when you put more effort into explaining your reasons for listing something. Simply saying "it's cool," or "I don't know," or "I remember liking it," or solely stating "it's funny," does not really tell us anything about why you like something. Please be a little more specific and thorough; I have faith that you can accomplish that much.

hehe.. youre really active here.. remember you in GSD forums.. tnx for tellimg me
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quote
Top 10 would have to be...

1. Cowboy bebop - simply because it has the greatest story line mixed in with great music and the best characters u will ever see on scene, not to mention spike who is the coolest fictional character ever!

2. Akira the movie - the first real anime i saw and got me traped into this craze in the first place. it confuses the hell out of people and i only now just get it after watching it about 100 times.

3. samurai jack - its simply amazing all i want in a tv series. sorry that that this is not anime but had to mention it

4. .hack//sign - for those of you who play computer games well lets just say u should most definitly check this one out. its like a dream come true. however dont watch if ur not a fan of rpgs and are one of those people who prefers mind numbing shootum ups which are all good aswell i suppose.

5. Pokemon - mainly because i grew up on this and it may be the most over rated anime ever but i dont care because it is the epitome of childhood for me. there was pokemon and nintendo ahh good times.

hope this helps ??? ermm yea Cool

Last edited by Space_cowboy64 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote
My Top Anime Are:

6. Fullmetal ALchemist/ROD the TV:
Really good action, don't feel like explaining much Smile

5. His and Her Circumstances:
This show is hillarious, smart, and sad all at the same time. Possibly the most intellegent show seen in a very long time. These are incredibly intriguing characters, but I can only remember the names of about 5, because all of a sudden there becomes like 7 new characters in one episode. Still, the best for guys and gals alike. (I'm a guy)

4. Kaleido Star:
Agree or Disagree, Kaleido Star is one of those shows that got a very little amount of the attention it deserved. It's an incredible show, stuffed with great characters, chillingly incredible animation and art, and just a fantastic show to watch. I'm still looking EVERYWHERE for volume 6 to end the series! I'm very exicted for New Wings, the next chapter in the Kaleido Star Series!

3. Azumanga Daioh:
Phenomenal. Azumanga is one od those shows you gotta love (just look at my username). The randomness and humor is just to great, and I need to take tons of breaks in-between watching so I can calm down. One of the best EVER!

2. GITS: Stand Alone Complex/GITS 2: Innocence
I couldn't really see the first movie, but the tv show and sequel movie rock. Cool and collected characters, incredible action, breathtaking visuals and great for all teens and up.

1. Haibane Renmei/Fruits Basket
The 2 greatest shows on the planet. So incredible that you can't pick just one. No flaws in either series. I just wish Renmei was ALOT longer. I don't own either of them, but I rent them all the time, and REALLY want to buy them. Good for absolutley anyone.

Honorable Mentions: Voices of A Distant Star, Cromartie High School, Crono Crusade, Noir
yan!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote
nagisa can i ask you something? you look like youve been here for quite a time already.. can i ask you opinion about what animes are good watch.. thanks in advance
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Space_cowboy64 wrote:
3. samurai jack - not many have heard on this anime and it isnt even on the encyclopedia, but its simply amazing all i want in a tv series.

It's not an anime. It's an American cartoon by Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Dexter's Laboratory and director of the Star Wars: Clone Wars series.

Also, please improve your grammar & spelling.

Azumangaman wrote:

Too bad. Do it.

yan! wrote:
nagisa can i ask you something? you look like youve been here for quite a time already.. can i ask you opinion about what animes are good watch.. thanks in advance

I'll probably end up doing my own Top 10 in the next few days or so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Azumangaman wrote:

Too bad. Do it.

Sorry. The reason is that the charcters are easily loveable and both series are really edgy and dark as well!

Sorry about that.
Shi-ne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Here's my list. I'll be putting down my 5 favorite films and my 5 favorite tv series.

Movies

5. Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
I grew up with this film, so it has some sentimental value. Miyazaki does some great storytelling with this one and even when I watch it today, it still draws me in. The version I watched as a kid wasn't called "Nausicaa" though. They renamed it "Warriors Of The Wind" in the U.S. back in the 80s.

4. Robot Carnival
Great robot-themed anthology. Each segment is engaging and the synthesizer music is great too. I never get tired of watching this. Another childhood favorite.

3. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Wow! Up until now, I hadn't realized that most of my favorites were from my childhood. I've seen both versions of this; with and without Chun Li's....ahem "greatness". I love this one for the same reason everyone else does. Because it's Street Fighter II. You could tell that the animators worked really hard on this one. Especially when you compare it to the current Street Fighter anime features. The fights are fast, furious and brutal as hell. DBZ ain't got nuthin' on this.

2. Vampire Hunter D
I know it's an OVA, but to me, it had that theatrical feel. The animation's a bit outdated, but I don't care. That isn't why I like it. A distant future (about 10,000 years) where vampires and all sorts of the horrific creatures roam the world? Plus the protagonist's past is a mystery? Who should I fear more, him or the creatures he hunts? That's the kind of thing I like.

1. Akira
Do I really need to explain this one? Great storytelling. Flawless animation. I Prefer the original english dub over the new one, but I don't mind the new dub.

Series

5. Samurai 7
It's new, but it's become a favorite. The 1954 original is a classic and this is a great homage to that film. A lot of people don't like this because they're retelling it as a sci-fi story, but I actually love that idea. If I want to see Seven Samurai in it's original setting, I'll watch Kurosawa's masterpiece.

4. Dragonball Z
Sorry, but it's fun to watch. DBZ is not the type of show that should be taken seriously, like GITS or Evangelion. The shows full of comedy and insane action. I love watching ridiculously powerful characters pummeling one another and throwing each other through mountains. If you're ever feeling angry, put some DBZ on and you'll feel all better. Twisted Evil

3. Cowboy Bebop
Spike is just plain cool and so is the rest of the crew. The opening theme "Tank" has become one of my fave anime musical pieces of all time. Wait! Sorry, That title goes to Kaneda's theme. "3..2..1 Let's Jam".

2. Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal OVA
Not really a series, but it has two parts; or three if you count 'Reflection'. It has none of the silliness from the tv series and the character designs are better too. Lots of cool action and some heartbreaking drama as well.

1. Record Of Lodoss War OVA/TV series
In my opinion, no other fantasy anime is better or equal. This is just an old-fashioned medieval-type fantasy adventure and it doesn't need to be anything else. The show doesn't try to be cool, shocking or revolutionary. It's perfect.

Honorable mentions: MS Gundam 0083, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll (film & series), Grave of the Fireflies, Ghost in the Shell, Spriggan, Appleseed (OVA & film), Transformers: The Movie--is this classified as anime?

I wish I could mention more, but that's all I could think of at the moment.

I hate....

Pokemon
The voice actors of the Pokemon series. They all annoy me. And the concept is stupid, too. A boy travels around, collecting cutesy lil' animals and trains them to fight for him. Yawwwnn......*

Yu-Gi-Oh
A bunch of kids fighting each other with cards. Doesn't sound that bad, but it is because that's all it is. I always laugh when I hear the main character speak, though. This little boy sounds like Batman.

Beyblade
A bunch of kids battling each other with tops. eh....No, thank you; Sounds too familiar.
birgritte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:51 am Reply with quote
Top 11 Favorite

1. Cowboy Bebop - Incredible characterization, superb storyline, high quality animation, fantastic music . . . what more can you ask for? I enjoyed this series because of its sophistication but also for a nice blend of comedy, drama and action. Not much I can say that has not already been said about CB. Spike rules!

2. Berserk - Well, I should let you know now that I am partial to darker, more serious anime, and it certainly doesn't get any darker than Berserk! Plus, I am a huge fan of epic fantasies and this series hit all the sweet spots. Because of that there were no filler episodes and everything progressed very smoothly. The complexity and superb characterization are the highlights for this anime

3. Fullmetal Alchemist - Definitely my new passion! I have only watched half of the series so far, but I have been blown away. The characterizations in this complex and intriguing story are unbelievable! Not just the main characters, Ed and Al, but practically EVERY character becomes endearing in this series. (Yes, even the so-called villains since nothing is black and white in FMA.) Not unlike Cowboy Bebop, this series has a nice balance of drama, comedy and action.

4. Samurai Champloo - I know that I'm probably sounding repetitive at this point, but once again this series has superb characterization. I guess that is a quality I regard highly in anime . . . The storyline is a bit weak but the show has so many other redeeming qualities, such as some sweet action sequences and beautifully animated scenes, that overall it's become my favorite series. You gotta love Mugen.

5. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - My favorite Miyazaki film, most likely because of its more serious tone and futuristic storyline. I was actually surprised by the amount of blood, guts and gore in this film - but it's done tastefully, of course, and only adds to the emotional depth of the film.

6. Inuyasha - This is another situation in which the storyline is faulty, but the characterization compensates for it. I was sucked into the Inuyasha world when I caught the first episode a couple of months back. I was surprised by how quickly I became absorbed in the plot, but especially how attached I became to the main characters; I wanted to find out the outcome of their travels and adventures. Unfortunately, there are SO MANY filler episodes in this 167 episode series. I sincerely wished that the series was closer to 100 than 167. Well . . . this is why Inuyasha is farther down my Top Ten List.

7. The Twelve Kingdoms - Wow! I was very impressed by the first season of this series. I loved the complexity of the storyline, but was saddened to find out that the series ends rather abruptly. Once again I enjoyed this series because of its fantasy genre and rather serious nature.

8. Wolf's Rain - One of the first anime series that I watched, and was elated to discover how enjoyable anime series could be. I've always had a fascination with shape shifting in fantasy/sci-fi situations, so of course I found the wolf/man transformations very appealing in this anime. I was captivated for most of the series but was a little disappointed with the last few episdoes and ultimate ending.

9. Grave of the Fireflies - One of the best anime dramas ever. Loved the outlay of the plot and how well fleshed out (no pun intended) the main characters were.

10. Castle in the Sky - What can I say? I love Miyazaki's work. This was another one of his movies in which I enjoyed the fantasty genre and serious plot. I also loved how the close relationship developed between the two main characters.

11. Last Exile - A bit slow in the beginning but this series quickly builds up along with the character development and the complex storyline.

Top 10 Least Favorite

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - This series confirmed two things: there are, of course, overrated anime shows and that mecha anime is not for me. I endured this ENTIRE series because of the fact that it was so highly recommended by other anime fans. Ugh! It just kept getting worse and the main character continued to whine and pout and grudgingly kick some butt in his mecha suit. I also found the show to be rather pretentious with the supposed deep, emotional meanings.

2. Perfect Blue - I've never been a fan of mystery and horror movies, so I definitely took a chance when I rented this film. There was nothingly overtly horrible about this movie; it was just the fact that I was utterly unimpressed with all the elements of the film. Actually, it was quite a boring film.

3. Boogiepop Phantom - Ugh! UGH!! I could barely watch two full episodes of this show. I probably was turned off by the thriller/paranoia genre that this series uses as a model for its plots. Furthermore, the characters were very flat and uninteresting.

4. Witch Hunter Robin - This series reminded me a little of Fullmetal Alchemist. A group of elite people that possess supernatural powers and use it to stop others with similar powers. Hmmm . . . very similar to FMA because you have the State Alchemists (the elite group with possession of supernatural power) that use their powers against the spoiler[homonculus and individuals with incomplete philosopher's stones]
However, there are remarkable differences between these two series. FMA has superb characterization and a complex plot that progresses readily throughout the episodes. Witch Hunter Robin has probably the most uninteresting, BORING characters I have had the displeasure to watch. You think that the character development would build up, but noooo . . . episode after episode the main characters remain as flat as ever. To add further insult to injury, the plot progresses at glacier speed.

5. Great Teacher Onizuka - I picked the first DVD up the other day and was looking forward to becoming immersed in a new, and highly recommended anime series. Unfortunately, I soon developed a bitter taste in my mouth after viewing the first two episodes. Not only did I find it disturbing to watch Onizuka have sexual thoughts about his students every two seconds, but also found the series to be rather boring. And the comical elements were not to my liking either, probably because they were based on Onizuka's sexual fantasies. Maybe this is a series that connects better with a young, male audience. Me, on the other hand? I'm a 23 year old woman and was disgusted with it . . . did NOT jive well with me.

6. Record of Lodoss War - Berserk this series is not! Quickly discovered that while this series may be in the fantasy genre, it lacks a cohesive plot and fleshed out main characters. Everything about this series was flat and non-dynamic

7. El Hazard - What the heck? I was so unimpressed with this series. It had potential but soon became laughable (in a bad way) with its ridiculous humor and weak storyline. The characters were also very distasteful (I really disliked the teacher in the gym outfit!)

8. Jin-Roh - Overrated. It reminded me of NGE with its pretentious overtone. I did not like this political thriller at all and found the plot and characters to be lacking.

9. Noir - I saw the first two or three episodes awhile ago, so I don't remember it so well. But what I do remember is that it moved along at an unsteady pace and had boring main characters. I had no incentive after watching the first couple of episodes to finish the series.

10. Blue Gender - A Starship Troopers wannabe show. Bad plot, bad characters, bad progression . . . bad everything!
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote
My top 10 list of what i've watched so far: (In no particular order.)

Azumanga Daioh: At first I wouldn't have put this up here, but then I went back and watched some small portions of the show again, and I was reminded of the overall warm feeling the show left me with. I have never watched anything quite like Azumanga Daioh. Every single character was loveable and they had great believable personalities. The only bad thing about the show is that it ended.

Bleach: This show is absolutely amazing. The characters, animation, story, everything is unique and well done. I love the character designs and each characters personality. The show never ceases to amaze me and is always dynamic. It just keeps getting better and better. There is never a boring moment. The humor is also more mature than other shows, like Naruto (don't get me wrong, I like Naruto). The show just has it's own unique taste to it.

Chrno Crusade: Commonly spelt "Chrono Crusade"
Wikipedia wrote:
''Note This series should not be confused with a series with an extremely similar name, Chrono Crusade (with two "o"'s). This is easy to do however, as ADV is releasing the English language versions of Chrno Crusade under the title ''"Chrono Crusade"'' in North America.
The one thing I didn't like about this show was that the plot got a little too confusing for me towards the end. However, I fell in love with the characters immediately. It also had a great sense of comedy while keeping a good level of seriousness about it. I totally connected with the characters and the ending was one of the best anime endings I've ever seen.

Excel Saga: Okay, some of you might think...no way! But yes, Excel Saga makes it into my top 10. This show was unbelievably hilarious. I don't know if i've ever laughed so hard in my life. I loved the characters and I thought it was put together well into a show with 'no plot, yet had a plot'. At least this is what I thought.

Furi Kuri: There is nothing out there quite like FLCL. This show went way beyond my expectations for any show, no matter how much it's hyped. It gets better and better every time I've watched it. The animation, story, characters, everything was extremely unique. The music was amazing as well, and the show was just filled with meaning that you could take away into your real life.

Full Moon wo Sagashite
: Not at all what I had expected it to be. I was in tears before episode 10. The amount of material in this show was perfect for it's length and nothing was too drawn out or too forced in. The music was captivating as well as the story. I was extremely moved by this show and it left me with a feeling no anime has ever left me with.

Full Metal Alchemist: This is another one many people love. I totally felt like I could connect to the characters, and their personalities were superb. The story constantly left me guessing and there was never a boring moment. This was another anime with a good sense of comedy while maintaining a seriousness about it.

Grave of the Fireflies: Maybe it's apparent now that I love dramas. The animation was, of course, mindblowing. This anime was extremely sad and had me in tears from the beginning. This wasn't just a movie, but an experience.

Hunter X Hunter: Yes, I did only rate it as Excellent. I had a single problem with the show and it was the introduction of an amazing character at the very beginning, and very little use of him towards the end. However, aside from that fact, I fell in love with this show immediately. I thought the animation was very fitting for the story and made it even more entertaining. There were a ton of unexpected moments and I was never bored. The characters were amazing and very unique. It was also filled with dramatic irony, which I rarely see in anime, which was made possible by the wide cast of characters.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Very short series, but was one of the best i've ever seen. This was also an experience in and off itself. Nothing happened like I expected it to. It was also a completely real romance which is somewhat rare to see. The animation was also great and very fitting for this anime. I had never seen anything quite like it.

I hate to stop there because there are so many, but these are the ones I thought fit the best. I have 4 more episode of Kaikan Phrase left to go and so far it's absolutely amazing so that one could very well be here too in the future.

Now for the 4 least favorite: I had 5, but thought I had 6 so deleted one of them and then realized I only had 4, and didn't feel like typing it out again. So i'll spare everyone reading time and only do 4. (In no particular order)

Final Approach: I thought the plot was outright rediculous to begin with. The characters didn't really develop and I found it very boring. Starting with the first episode I wanted nothing more than for it to be over. The ending also could have been a lot better. I also think too many characters were introduced, which made it hard to develop a single one. There was one half-decent episode, which is the only reason why I didn't rate this anime as 'bad'.

Hanyauko Maid-tai/la verite: I'm including them both because, while the second is a remake of the first, I thought they were both pretty much the same and pretty bad. Fanservice with a very small plot. Hardly any character development and poor attempts at drama and comedy. A bunch of maids running around trying to serve their master who doesn't want to be served. That's about it.

Rizelmine: Just like Final Approach. Same thing, different characters. Characters had pretty much the same exact personalities, but were drawn differently. That's pretty much it. Bad plot, no development, bad endings. Poor attemps at comedy and romance again.

Mouse: Thank god it was so short. Even if it was a full length series I think it had very little potential. Enough fan service to turn me off, horrible plot, hardly believable characters. I really don't know of any way to describe it other than it looks like something a bored 5 year old created during his 'time-out'. Defintely one of the worst shows i've ever laid my eyes on.

I have a feeling the first post I made on this topic got deleted since I couldn't find it anywhere, but I don't know why it got deleted. If this one gets deleted can I at least get a message telling me why so I don't make the same mistake again. I don't want to keep making posts that are going to cause anyone trouble to delete.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote
birgritte wrote:

5. Great Teacher Onizuka - I picked the first DVD up the other day and was looking forward to becoming immersed in a new, and highly recommended anime series. Unfortunately, I soon developed a bitter taste in my mouth after viewing the first two episodes. Not only did I find it disturbing to watch Onizuka have sexual thoughts about his students every two seconds, but also found the series to be rather boring. And the comical elements were not to my liking either, probably because they were based on Onizuka's sexual fantasies. Maybe this is a series that connects better with a young, male audience. Me, on the other hand? I'm a 23 year old woman and was disgusted with it . . . did NOT jive well with me.

I know everyone has their own opinions and favorites, but may I ask if you watehed the entire series after the first two episodes? Basing off the first two episodes would lead to that, but afterwards the show portrays spoiler[Onizuka not fantasizing about his school age students. In fact, the references are subtle, but those references are geared more towards adult females. ] However, if you are looking towards a more mature (not in explicit material..hahaha!) version, try the live action. In the live action it is more mature in spoiler[not having Onizuka lust over his teenage students. At all. He is purely devoted to want to teach and become a teacher. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ninja_Silva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen a whole lot of anime because I just started getting into it last year so I haven't been able to see alot
Top 10 Favorite:

1. Naruto
This show in my opinion has a lot of action and a good story line the voice acting doesn't do the characters justice though.

2. IGPX
I'm not really sure why I like this show a whole lot but for some reason it's gotton me hooked onto watching robotic race car like things run around a track.

3. .Hack//Sign
The mystery of .Hack who wouldn't want to know how Tsukasa can't log out of a virtual videogame. This has a lot of mystery, suspense, and action.

4. Zatch Bell
A show where little magical people come to earth to see who is their next king by battleing each other and sending them back to their realm. This sounds like a kiddish show but it is strangely entertaining.

5. BoBo-BoBo-BoBoBo
Ok alot of people don't like this show but I find the randomness very funny.

6. One Piece
Pirates looking for the greatest treasure of all hence the name One Piece. I like the plots of some of the episodes the characters have some pretty cool personalities like Tony Tony Chopper a reindeer who can talk and is a experienced medic.

7. Shaman King
I like the Characters and action along with the story line of this anime.

8. Megaman NT Warrior
A kiddish anime but I've always liked megaman and always will.

9. Mega Man
Same reason as Megaman NT Warrior

10. Rave Master
Action, and weird characters and a cool snowman-dog Plue I love this anime.

Least Favorite 5 #1 is my least favorite

1. GRAVITATION Evil or Very Mad
Why do people like to watch gay people and the character design is horribly

2. Fruits Basket
It's just Fruity and not made very entertaining

3. Pokemon
Ok I liked this show until a few years ago when they just did the same thing over and over again.

4. Elven League
Sounds to gory for me but not puttin it down

5. BeyBlade
Its just a show where tops spin around not very entertaining
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Ninja_Silva wrote:
1. GRAVITATION Evil or Very Mad
Why do people like to watch gay people and the character design is horribly

Ok, I don't mind the others but it kind of offends me that you'd dislike a show because it has gay characters in it. And I highly doubt you put it here just because of the character designs. Good job at being close minded and unopen to different forms of sexuality. The American media has taught you well. But judging from your favorites I would guess you to be around 10-12 years old. So I guess it shouldn't really come as any surprise to me. Also, ever hear of Yaoi?

Ninja_Silva wrote:
4. Elven League
Sounds to gory for me but not puttin it down

Elfen Lied foo!
Ninja_Silva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
No I've never heard of Yaio but I'm 15 but I just like those animes for some weird reason sorry that I offended you I did'nt really think about it though Sad
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:23 am Reply with quote
Ninja_Silva wrote:
No I've never heard of Yaio but I'm 15 but I just like those animes for some weird reason sorry that I offended you I did'nt really think about it though Sad

Eh, that's ok, you apologized for it so it's okay. I may have overreacted a little anyway. I don't mind if you like those animes though, I personally like Naruto and I'm 5 years older than you. Yaoi... it's boy and boy gay love. Very popular with girls. I'm not into it though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 122