• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime Ad Aired with Yui Horie as Male Lead

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Yui Horie works for me...Sasami's original was so good tho Anime cry.

Still cannot wait for this. I dont know how many of the great stories they're gonna fit into the anime. After finishing more and more routes my doubts have increased but I still have hope that this will be an overall good adaptation.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Before Horie was announced, I actually kinda expected Kugimiya to take the role. She is JC Staffs go to seiyuu and she's pretty good at doing those young boy voices.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Not sure with this Little Busters show.... The animation style is rather strange, and it doesn't give the Key feel for me. You could easily tell Kanon, Air, and Clannad were all by the same group, this one not so much. And none of the character designs seem to stick out. I loved all the character designs of Clannad. Little Busters they all look like your any other Visual novel characters. I don't know. I shouldn't be judging this show this much without even seeing one episode yet, but do plan on seeing at lease a couple episodes once it gets streaming rights.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Wikipedia wrote:
For the first time in Key's history, two artists were given the position of art director for the visual novel: Itaru Hinoue and Na-Ga. Hinoue has been Key's signature art director since Key's first game Kanon, and Na-Ga has been with Key since the production of Air working as one of the computer graphics artists to render background art used in Key's games. Due to having two art directors, character design was split between the two, though Na-Ga is responsible for the character design of the majority of the cast. Of the six heroines in the story, three were designed by each artist; Komari, Haruka, and Yuiko were designed by Hinoue while Rin, Kudryavka, and Mio were done by Na-Ga.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Not sure with this Little Busters show.... The animation style is rather strange, and it doesn't give the Key feel for me. You could easily tell Kanon, Air, and Clannad were all by the same group, this one not so much. And none of the character designs seem to stick out. I loved all the character designs of Clannad. Little Busters they all look like your any other Visual novel characters. I don't know. I shouldn't be judging this show this much without even seeing one episode yet, but do plan on seeing at lease a couple episodes once it gets streaming rights.
animation aside, the story is generally regarded as the best visual novel written, to date. and it was written way back in 2007 (2006 for manga/light novel). There's a lot of hope for this anime but fear that JC Staff wont hold it up to the level that KyoAni would. I think the designs are spot on and I only worry how they'll adapt the anime into 24-48 episodes because this VN is LONG.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I think the designs are spot on and I only worry how they'll adapt the anime into 24-48 episodes because this VN is LONG.
They might just poll a Tsukihime again and only cover one story arc.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Quote:
I think the designs are spot on and I only worry how they'll adapt the anime into 24-48 episodes because this VN is LONG.
They might just poll a Tsukihime again and only cover one story arc.

Tsukihime's anime (purely as a theoretical supposition, mind) didn't only cover one arc. It integrated aspects of several of the arcs, both Near Side and Far Side.

Now, it didn't do it particularly well, but thats a completely different issue.

Though I must reiterate, there is no Tsukihime anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
Heh, the pronunciation is almost like Little Bastards. Laughing
why no guest post option?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
J.C. Staff

"see,we can do it too"

wish,that's how good it is

enurtsol wrote:
Heh, the pronunciation is almost like Little Bastards. Laughing

oh you and your posts
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
. And none of the character designs seem to stick out. I loved all the character designs of Clannad. Little Busters they all look like your any other Visual novel characters.

I'm the opposite...I find Key's character designs to be, to put it bluntly, really, REALLY bad, except for LB!'s chars, who I think look very nice and cute.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
Really loving the CVs so far. Horie doing a boy's voice is a treat I don't usually get to hear.

I've no prior exposure to Little Busters so I'm getting pretty psyched. Sounds like it not only has a big following, but for good reason. Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
wait a minute WHAT da hey this anime got Horie voice as male lead?!

really like what the casting doing or does not compute really can someone explain this Horie voice a male lead?

unless it's a trap?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
wait a minute WHAT da hey this anime got Horie voice as male lead?!

really like what the casting doing or does not compute really can someone explain this Horie voice a male lead?

unless it's a trap?

Riki might as well of been a girls voice in the original VN, so its not a surprise. He has the most feminine teenage boy voice I've ever heard.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
It's just a young boy. I wish it was a trap, though.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
It's just a young boy. I wish it was a trap, though.

He's not really a "Young boy". He's like 17... which makes the pre-puberty voice make no sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2