• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's Ads Aired Featuring Natsume Siblings

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah...the animation is.................Just fine! Looking good so far. My only concern (and should be the only concern for anyone at this point) is if they change the story.They cannot change the story too much. Obviously they have to change tiny bits to fit it into a TV series but the overall plot should be the same for this to succeed and be amazing
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Yeah...the animation is.................Just fine! Looking good so far. My only concern (and should be the only concern for anyone at this point) is if they change the story.They cannot change the story too much. Obviously they have to change tiny bits to fit it into a TV series but the overall plot should be the same for this to succeed and be amazing

My main concern will be how much they condense it. While obviously the animation is not KyoAni or P.A. Works, it is not really a big deal to me as how the story plays out does. If this turns out to only be like 24 episodes, it will probably be way too rushed. Clannad had around 50, and the Visual Novel was shorter than Little Busters.
AxemRed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
If this turns out to only be like 24 episodes, it will probably be way too rushed. Clannad had around 50, and the Visual Novel was shorter than Little Busters.
For what it's worth, it took me 30-40 hours to finish Little Busters, and around 60 hours for Clannad.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
AxemRed wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
If this turns out to only be like 24 episodes, it will probably be way too rushed. Clannad had around 50, and the Visual Novel was shorter than Little Busters.
For what it's worth, it took me 30-40 hours to finish Little Busters, and around 60 hours for Clannad.

damn man I give you props for beating clannad at 60hrs it took me double that amount to get ever cg, bgm etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Midorikawa sounds just as awesome as ever and tamiyasu has a cuter voice for rin. Art seems great once its in motion but the animation itseIf doesnt seem very good....
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
That shot at 0:24 made me highly doubt that this will have a good animation.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
What is the name of song in the background?
opn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

Theres a chance their saving the budget for the more important scenes and fights but who knows.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

You're basing it off of one shot that had very little movement?
Don't know what to say. Looks fine to me.

Did you pause it there by any chance?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
A sexy bishie in a Key game? Quite interesting. He doesn't seem like the "main character's dumbass friend" archetype.

That shot of him looking at the camera looked like something out of a otome game.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
A sexy bishie in a Key game? Quite interesting. He doesn't seem like the "main character's dumbass friend" archetype.

That shot of him looking at the camera looked like something out of a otome game.

he's actually the 2nd most popular character from the game in Japanese polls (just behind Kud, who is the loli with the speech "quirk"... think uguu~), so expect a lot from him. He's not just a throwaway character.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
HE's the second most popular character? Interesting, I would expect the girls to fill the top spots.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
^ The position of dumbass friend would go too masato but just cause of that doesn't make him bad infact he's one of the best characters in the VN for reasons i cant say without spoiling it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
HE's the second most popular character? Interesting, I would expect the girls to fill the top spots.

Besides Rin (and I guess Kud for those of that persuasion), the male cast of Little Busters is typically much better regarded than the female cast. Kyousuke, Masato, and Kengo are all very important characters and each is important to the story.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
That's incredibly bizarre. Isn't the appeal of Key the girls mainly?

Anyway, I actually kinda like it there better be subtext
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3