• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
BloomingWallflower & hpulley--
I welcome you both to the fora! Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile
CharismaJustice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I love anime manga and games, my name is an awkward Soul Eater/B-Ichi reference, and I'm concerned about the state of the manga industry!
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
I posted else where in the forums before posting here. Oops...

It's not obligatory to introduce yourself, you didn't violate some rule. There are some people here who're in their forties (or older). You're not alone Smile. Welcome to you, CharismaJustice and also to BloomingWallflower. What do you study, if I may ask (you don't have to share it if you don't want to)?
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined earlier this year, but never saw this section until now. I'm from Seattle, like quite a few series. I'm a cosplayer, and handle comes from that as Kenshin was my first cosplay. And this is the anime I own, minus Transformers Cybertron and all of Voltron:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?genre=anime&where=dragonwolf&rgn=us&init_form=str0_genre_anime*rgn_us
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Hitokiri Kenshin--
If no one has yet done so, then please allow me to welcome you to the fora!
Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
hpulley wrote:
I posted else where in the forums before posting here. Oops...

It's not obligatory to introduce yourself, you didn't violate some rule. There are some people here who're in their forties (or older). You're not alone Smile. Welcome to you, CharismaJustice and also to BloomingWallflower. What do you study, if I may ask (you don't have to share it if you don't want to)?

While it may not be obligatory those who do not introduce themselves here do not get cupcakes or cookies. So there are advantages. Wink
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I thought that I'd already posted in this thread, but I haven't and since posting here means that I'll get cupcakes and cookies...

Name: Marlene
Sex: Female
Blood Type: O-
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity: Dutch
Religion: Atheist
Pets: Two cats
Drink/Smoke: Neither. Quit smoking about a month ago.
Favorite anime: Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Noein, X, Fate/stay night, Lucky Star, Azumanga Diaoh, Pani Poni Dash!, Ouran High School Host Club, Paradise Kiss, NANA, Utena, Bakemonogatari, Pumpkin Scissors, Mirai Nikki, Nichijou, Magical Pokan, Princess Princess, Gundam 00, Hellsing, Trinity Blood and all the Ghibli movies to name but a few.
Favorite Manga: Legend of Lemnear and X
Favorite Books: Anything by Neil Gaiman, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Gentlemen Bastards books, His Dark Materials, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit and The Strain.
Favorite game: Disgaea and Golden Sun
Favorite Movies: The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Alien, Batman, Inception, Quills, Dazed and Confused, Blackboard Jungle, Bennie & Joon, Blade Runner, The Third Man, Pride & Prejudice, Sunshine, L.A. Confidential, Heat, Moon, Festen, Dog Soldiers and loads more.
Favorite TV shows: Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Generation Kill, Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Harpers Island, Millennium, The X-Files, Veronica Mars, Alphas, Numb3rs, Justified, Life on Mars, Game of Thrones, Community, Freaks and Geeks, Once Upon A Time, Suits and loads more.
Favorite Music: Mostly post-rock

Fun facts:
- I live on a diet of anime, cartoons and Pepsi
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Marlene--
  1. In case no one has yet done so, I welcome you to the fora!
  2. I cannot help but notice that there are a number of mainstream hollywood shows that you like. How are they shown in the Netherlands? (e.g., Subs? Dutch Dubs? English audio?) How popular -- in general -- are U.S. shows in the Netherlands?
  3. Are you aware that there are other Dutch users here?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!

Pretty much everything is subbed round here, except for kids cartoons which are usually dubbed (though Cartoon Network has the option to watch it in the original language thank god, because Regular Show and Chowder sound awful in Dutch).
As for the popularity of certain shows, I don't really know a lot about that since I tend to download most shows that I like or buy it on dvd whenever it's available in the UK or US. Suits, Justified and Once Upon A Time aren't even on here.

I did notice one other Dutch user a while back, but that's about it! Have we invaded ANN? Wink
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Where? I have seen Ortensia1980 before (was it in the retail forum?)... Guess I'll have to do my homework and read all the introductions *stalker mode*

As for invading ANN, I tried to look scary with my username and all, but I don't think it worked.

As for US shows: the few I know something about are the Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, Private Practice, Two and a Half Men and lots of MTV shows. Yes, also Jersey Shore. I think I forgot a lot of them, since I'm not that interested (I do like the Big Bang Theory though). But some of them are quite popular.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
As for invading ANN, I tried to look scary with my username and all, but I don't think it worked.

Must try harder!

Oh, and I'm usually in the Retail section so that's probably right.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote
...after seeing the massive list of introductions, I suppose I've stuck around long enough to have one of my own. Maybe I'll actually get my own avatar while I'm at it.

Name: Keith
Sex: Male
Marital Status: In a relationship
Ethnicity: Irish
Religion: Catholic

Favorite anime: Code Geass
Favorite Manga: Ranma 1/2
Favorite Books: A Song of Ice and Fire
Favorite game: Mega Man II
Favorite Movie: Aliens
Favorite Anime Movie: Cowboy Bebop
Favorite TV shows: Firefly, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Band of Brothers, The Walking Dead.
Favorite Music: Anything that gives me a good idea for an AMV.

Fun facts:
I'm an Otaku during the Summer and a sports fanatic during the winter.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
So, I'm a few years too late actually doing this. But hey, better late then never.

Name:
This is one of the few places where I don't think anyone has matched my username to my real one and I sort of like it that way, so let's just go with Marie, even though it's not.

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Canadian

Religion: Christian

Pets: One cat, Elphaba, and one guinea pig, Husker (kudos for those who know the references, in particular the second one).

Drink/Smoke: I drink socially, never smoke

Favourite anime: NANA, Fushigi Yuugi, Wolf's Rain, Ouran High School Host Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Favourite manga: NANA, Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden, Ooku, Nodame Cantabile, Saikano

Favourite books: Kushiel's Legacy, Maus, The Time Traveler's Wife, the Shopaholic series, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, Gone With the Wind

Favourite game:
Dragon Age, Fire Emblem, Silent Hill, Okami, Catherine, Mass Effect

Favourite movies:
V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight, Inception, Beauty & the Beast, When Harry Met Sally, Love Actually

Favourite TV shows:
Battlestar Galactica, The Vampire Diaries, How I Met Your Mother, Doctor Who, Firefly

Favourite Music: Nightwish, Lady Gaga, No Doubt, Enya, Delerium, Evanescence
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Gasp, no Rose of Versailles . . . . . .
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
While I enjoy Rose of Versailles, I wouldn't rank is as a favourite, even if I was listing more than my top five. The username was actually inspired from the real Marie Antoinette.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 163 of 233