• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aa Megami-sama/Ah! My Goddess Gets New Original Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote
Sweet anther ova but why cant they just make a 3rd season now
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Agreed. I want a new tv series as well.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet anther ova but why can't they just make a 3rd season now

Yeah, it's not like they don't have enough material with at least 46 manga volumes worth even if the two existing series covered some then wouldn't there still be a ton left? Confused

I wouldn't really know since I try not to get into manga it would cost me a fortune to own. I did love the anime version though, so more is good.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
If not a TV season, then at least a continuous OVA series, like an episode every couple months. Lets you keep up with the manga at a decent pace.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
I also wish we would get a a straight up 3rd tv season but this is progress at least. The real question will be what material is covered. Are they going to pick up around where season 2 ended and maybe use this as a test to see if it sells enough to warrant a season 3? Or is it just going to pick up at some random spot and have no continuity at all? I could deal with OVA releases in blocks covering manga material from around where season 2 left off. What I do not want is an OVA that just picks a random spot to start at and ruin the continuity. I mean we had the original OVA's which were ok for their time. Then there was the movie which is not canon. Then the series finally got the treatment it deserves and got a reboot with the 3 tv seasons. If they once again jump around on the continuity I think it will only hurt the series rather than help it. Wait and see. Also will be very interesting who the dub cast is if there is one. I'd assume there will be as every other incarnation has gotten a dub. If they get yet ANOTHER cast (4th)......again won't help sales here in North America I think.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet anther ova but why can't they just make a 3rd season now

Yeah, it's not like they don't have enough material with at least 46 manga volumes worth even if the two existing series covered some then wouldn't there still be a ton left? Confused

I wouldn't really know since I try not to get into manga it would cost me a fortune to own. I did love the anime version though, so more is good.

that's a shame, because the manga is not just a tiny bit better, but DRAMATICALLY superior to the manga.

it's gotten to the point that the anime has become kinda irrelevant to me because the manga is so good right now. also, i remember the second season getting some very low tv ratings while it was airing, so that could be why there's no third series.

@psycho, the anime series, especially in the second series, jumped around so much that the continuity created by the manga is already ruined in the anime.
Lady_Sage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 am Reply with quote
I actually wouldn't be surprised if AMG! received a third TV adaptation after the manga ends. Even if that never ends up happening, though, I always love hearing that new anime is being made for this series.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
Hey, I'm all for more Megami-sama anime! If it's not a new season, OVAs work too! But PLEASE Funi, license an OVA bundle for us?
Luthica

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
They did mention last year that they will be working on the a 3rd season.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
45 is out? Must go buy it...
morisato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
It has never been confirmed that a third season was ever being discussed. The only information out there is that Gohda-san has expressed interest in returning for a third season but that not all of the elements have come together for a new season.

Also, volume 45 is out in Japan, the original tankouban. Dark Horse is set to release volume 44 this December. Volume 45 is due out from Dark Horse this April (2013).
Setsura1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
hopefully this is the start of the path to season 3!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Lady_Sage wrote:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if AMG! received a third TV adaptation after the manga ends.
If it ever ends. I get the feeling either I will die, or Fujishima will die before I ever see it end properly. Rolling Eyes

I'm a bit dubious that this OVA will follow the manga, but be yet another alternate universe. Dark Horse like to boast this title is "the longest running English manga" and I wouldn't be surprised if it's also their slowest released one as well. Rolling Eyes
Togame

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
@psycho, the anime series, especially in the second series, jumped around so much that the continuity created by the manga is already ruined in the anime.

But AMG is largely episodic...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Lady_Sage wrote:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if AMG! received a third TV adaptation after the manga ends.
If it ever ends. I get the feeling either I will die, or Fujishima will die before I ever see it end properly. Rolling Eyes

I'm a bit dubious that this OVA will follow the manga, but be yet another alternate universe. Dark Horse like to boast this title is "the longest running English manga" and I wouldn't be surprised if it's also their slowest released one as well. Rolling Eyes

I am worried about that aspect as well. I love OMG to death. It's my favorite title period. It got me into anime truly as a real fan and collector. I do however want a real end to it one day. I don't want it to be left unanswered without a good ending. It will be sad when that day comes but it would be even more saddening if it went into oblivion without a proper end. I was sad when Ai Yori Aoishi ended but it got a damn good ending. I hope Fujishima has an idea for an ending and a plan. A wedding would be a fine ending I think a good plot device to culminate everything up to that point. Honestly I think that's the best way to end the series. Starting with Kei wishing to always have a goddess by his side, watching their friendships with others and their relationship develop, and then culminate into a wedding that would keep Bell at his side until he passes. Best way to end the series eventually in my mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1