• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Red Data Girl TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Good to have the opportunity to watch RDG, even if it's not on CR (always best to see P.A. Works-type titles in as high a quality as possible). Though, to be honest, I thought it would have been among the first to be pre-licensed (at least "streaming-only")…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hickey92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Cant use Funimation in the UK.

Fan-Subbers it is then. Very Happy
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Very Happy Looking forward to this!
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful was hoping this would get picked up.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll be giving this one a try, then. Glad to see it is streaming legally.
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I think this was one of the last 3... also, glad to see it's FUNimation. At least then I don't have to worry about a different company licensing it and dubbing it badly - FUNi's quality of dubs is the most consistent.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, I probably won't watch this streamed then, but I might buy it when it comes out if it gets good reviews. I'll keep an eye on its thread, but that'll be about it.

I wonder what CR's last empty slot will be? AoT? That would be nice.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
So the only ones left up to license are Attack on Titan and Hentai Prince & Stony Cat, right? Although rumors are Attack on Titan will not be licensed due to MBS.

Last edited by tangytangerine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Well, I probably won't watch this streamed then, but I might buy it when it comes out if it gets good reviews. I'll keep an eye on its thread, but that'll be about it.

There have been rumors that FUNi will be picking up AoT as well, actually. Most are expecting Crunchyroll's last spot to go to Henneko, I think.

Anyway, glad to see RDG is finally getting an official stream. I've seen the first three episodes via fansubs, but was hoping to get a legal place to support it, since I really want to see this series get brought over. It's one of my favorite so far for Spring!
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

There have been rumors that FUNi will be picking up AoT as well, ...

... and AFAIU the source of the rumor is identical to the rumors that Funimation would be streaming Red Data Girl, spelunking around the nooks and crannies of their site for pages being readied for an announcement and running across announcements or series pages for RDG and AoT.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
... and AFAIU the source of the rumor is identical to the rumors that Funimation would be streaming Red Data Girl, spelunking around the nooks and crannies of their site for pages being readied for an announcement and running across announcements or series pages for RDG and AoT.

STOP! I'm trying to hold onto my positive vibes regarding RDG being streamed on CR. And You Are Ruining It! I'm going to blame you guys for all my bitter tears of frustration if CR doesn't get it!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
agila61 wrote:

STOP! I'm trying to hold onto my positive vibes regarding RDG being streamed on CR. And You Are Ruining It! I'm going to blame you guys for all my bitter tears of frustration if CR doesn't get it!

http://www.funimation.com/sites/all/themes/funimation2/shows/attack-on-titan/splash.jpg

Anime catgrin
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
agila61 wrote:

http://www.funimation.com/sites/all/themes/funimation2/shows/attack-on-titan/splash.jpg

Anime catgrin

*puts his fingers in his ears and closes his eyes* Naa naa naaa naaa! I can't hear you! Crunchyroll will have Attack on Titan! Naanaanaanaa naaa!

(The only good thing this is that there's a pretty good chance that Funimation will end up releasing this here in the States at some point. I'll just have to be patient, because using Hulu is about as fun as a root canal.)
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
OHYAY! OHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASE get Attack on Titan, FUNi. While my streaming site of choice would be Crunchy, there's a good chance that FUNi would release it on blu-ray later.

Oh yeah, and RDG sounds pretty good as well. I've been enjoying PA Works lately. So, yay!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Sweet this is good and the girl is cute
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2