• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
innerworkingsof

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I've finally decided to make an account and I hope to get to know some people on here Very Happy
Name: Amrita
Sex: Female
Location: Fresno, CA (I know no anime fans from Fresno Confused what is up with that???)
Ethnicity: East Indian
Pets: 3 dogs (Simon, Rocky and Tommy) and 1 cat (L)
Favorite TV shows: buffy the vampire slayer, angel, skins, doctor who, lost, anddd harper's island
Likes: Sweet Potato Fries, watching movies/TV shows/animes, sketching, animals, milky way midnight, star gazing, and biking
Dislikes: twilight book and movie series, majority of love triangles, sushi, bugs, snakes, driving, oranges, cheating, traveling especially to India (I've gone 5 times and each time I've gotten food poisoning and was sick the whole damn trip)
Fun facts about Me: I have crooked pinkies, seriously they look broken (I guess that doesn't count as a fun fact but...oh well), I'm extremely clumsy to the point where I tripped on "thin air" and fell down some stairs, I only got "into" animes the beginning of last year (I was one of those people who judged anime without really giving it a chance), I love having lengthy discussions about just about everything mainly movies/TV/animes, I avoid riding in a car because I've had a total of 10 accidents and that's made me extremely paranoid (cars are out to get me), I want to become a film teacher for high school students, anddd lastly I love to draw, I mainly draw anime characters and the character I've drawn the most is Izaya Orihara from Durarara!
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote
Why people aren't posting pictures in this friggin' thread?!

Anyway, welcome to the fora, innerworkingsof! Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile Very Happy
May I ask which anime are your favorite?
innerworkingsof

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
@ignatz Thanks,I'm glad to be here Smile as far as my favorite animes go there's quite a lot but to name a few of them I love trigun, durarara, samurai champloo, un-go, shiki & cowboy bebop
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote
Lakers24 wrote:
Im curious anyone else here thought ANIME was stupid before actually giving it a chance?

Most of it is stupid, but that's ok. I watch it as a diversion. There are some better done series out there, R.O.D. is a good example.

innerworkingsof wrote:
@ignatz Thanks,I'm glad to be here Smile as far as my favorite animes go there's quite a lot but to name a few of them I love trigun, durarara, samurai champloo, un-go, shiki & cowboy bebop

I liked Trigun as well, did you get the Badlands Rumble movie?

10 accidents ?! In how many of those were you the driver?? You're ok i hope, no permanent injuries?
Lakers24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
Yes most of it is really bad but there are some really good ones like Toriko. What's ROD?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
Lakers24 wrote:
What's ROD?

Read or Die.
battlechili1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 am Reply with quote
Lakers24 wrote:
Yes most of it is really bad but there are some really good ones like Toriko. What's ROD?

Read or Die. It's an anime series and it also has a short OVA series. I've never seen the anime, but the OVA is really good, though its not really explained. It has a sort of "Just go with it" feel to it.
innerworkingsof

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I liked Trigun as well, did you get the Badlands Rumble movie?

10 accidents ?! In how many of those were you the driver?? You're ok i hope, no permanent injuries?

@guildmaster I just got the movie a couple months back for my birthday! I'm curious, what did you like about trigun? I was the driver in none of the accidents. Most of them were minor, only one was serious but even then I managed to get a few scars; none of my injuries caused me any permanent damage though
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
@ innerworkingsof

I first saw the Badlands movie last summer on the boob tube, while home a couple of weekends between deployments. At first i wasn't too interested, but by after seeing it a few times, i got to liking it. something about Vash's trying to keep from hurting or killing folks but all kinds of chaos and destruction happening anyways.

Then i got sent out here, and decided to look it up, and found out about the 26 episode series, so I decided to buy it and the movie. I like the deep dark past that Vash has to constantly live with, and yet he still tries to do the right thing. That, and a little slapstick silliness kept me watching it.

Well I'm glad you came away from all those accidents OK.

So, have you seen the series or just the movie?

I'd also recommend R.O.D. the TV. older, out of print (maybe - and possibly pricey as a result) but an excellent series.

I just noticed you like DR Who. that was a trip. Is it still running?

Biking as well. Me too, I still have the racing bike i bought in HS. Heck, I paid enough for it. I recently laced up 5 sets of vintage wheels for it, all with Campy low flange NR hubs, and period original french rims. I ran out of hubs, or I'd lace up more.

Last edited by guildmaster on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
innerworkingsof

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
@guildmaster nice! I've seen the series but have yet to watch the movie; its interesting cause when I first stumbled upon trigun I wasn't too fond of it heck I didn't even know they had a movie but once I watched the trailer for the movie it renewed my interest in the show and I ultimately ended up liking it. I also like trigun basically for the same reasons you do, the humor always gets to me.

Ill have to check out read or die once I'm finshed with mushi-shi.

Doctor who is still on, I believe its approaching its 50th anniversary, I haven't seen much of this season so ill have to catch up on it. Did you used to watch doctor who?

Racing bikes huh? That's pretty sweet, mine is just a standard bicycle lol I'm curious, is bike racing something you still do on a regular basis or was it mainly in HS?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I have been watching Dr Who myself, the episodes like air a couple days or so here after they air in UK.
innerworkingsof

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator how do you like the new season so far of doctor who, I've missed a couple so I'm not to sure what to think of this season, though it looked promisng
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
innerworkingsof wrote:
@DuskyPredator how do you like the new season so far of doctor who, I've missed a couple so I'm not to sure what to think of this season, though it looked promisng

It has been alright, I mean the first half which still had Amy was as good as the previous season with some good end to her part. And with Clara, she is a little Doctor like herself although it has not really been intimate yet, I would say they went all out in the alien world episode, the ghost episode was a little spooky.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:35 am Reply with quote
[quote="innerworkingsof"] @guildmaster nice! I've seen the series but have yet to watch the movie; its interesting cause when I first stumbled upon trigun I wasn't too fond of it heck I didn't even know they had a movie but once I watched the trailer for the movie it renewed my interest in the show and I ultimately ended up liking it. I also like trigun basically for the same reasons you do, the humor always gets to me.
innerworkingsof wrote:
cept i saw the movie not knowing of the series. I finished watching both out here, and it'll get a re-viewing again, I'm sure. I would welcome another movie featuring Vash, Wolfwood & the 'insurance girls' type adventure if the creator ever gets around to doing another.

[quote="innerworkingsof"] Ill have to check out read or die once I'm finshed with mushi-shi.

Mishi-shi. That's another sleeper. I wasn't drawn to the artwork (pun intended) and still aren't to thrilled with it, but the individual stories are entertaining and thoughtful. And, the opening song is one of the very few that i like or even can tolerate. I might get it.

R.O.D. the TV may be out of print (let me check). Maybe not, but at 7 discs it won't be cheap. I saw a full box set on amazon for $100 (less than what i paid for it!), so maybe it's come down a little. I highly recommend it. There is also Read or Dir a one disc OVA, that you should watch first since it happens before ROD the TV.

innerworkingsof wrote:
Doctor who is still on, I believe its approaching its 50th anniversary, I haven't seen much of this season so ill have to catch up on it. Did you used to watch doctor who?

I used to watch it way back. The Daleks, garbage cans with a bicycle horn, wiping out the universe, and don't forget the aqua-men. Rolling Eyes . Man those were some low budget effects. but it was entertaining. I haven't seen it in a while, I've been deployed or at my Command's Hq for the most of last 5 years, and have not been able to get much viewing in. I get 1-2 hours max a night over here, on a very limited selection of channels.

innerworkingsof wrote:
Racing bikes huh? That's pretty sweet, mine is just a standard bicycle lol I'm curious, is bike racing something you still do on a regular basis or was it mainly in HS?

I don't race any more. HS for me was the late 70s. I bought the bike new in 1978. Yeah, I'm older, but not 'old' Cool . It's a Raleigh Professional 1978 model. Very similar to the 1977 pictured except I don't have that silly spoke guard behind the Regina Oro freewheel, and i took off all the silly spoke reflectors and that stupid useless guard around the front chainrings. I also outfitted it with all the Campy Super Record components where they were different:

[/url]

I still have the bike, and all my friends dared not challenge me back in the day. I've gotten a bit slower now, but still ride it. I just built 5 sets of wheels for it, before I came out here. It's a great bike and a real survivor from cycling's great era. In 1978 the Raleigh team won the Tour de France on Team Pro cycles. They were red & orange, but the same frames and components.

Anyway, you enjoy your viewing and get out on your bike!
Burakkurozu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone from Vancouver, Canada!!

Name: Paul
Sex:Male
Ethnicity: Filipino
Likes: A BOX OF SUSHI GOODNESS!!!!, photography, ANIME (of course Anime hyper), attending cons (Sakura-con, Anime Revolution, Anime North and Anime Expo)
Occupation: Veterinary Nurse-Part Time, Volunteer Interpreter Vancouver Aquairum
Hobbies: Birding (aka bird watching), nature photography, Not much of a gamer since i only play when a group of friends plays it like L4D OR CODMW, Amateur COSPLAYER (Amaimon from ao no exorcist, Yukio Okumura, Shinji Hirako hollowfied captain, Kirito- ALO and future plans as a scouting legion from attack on titan series.
Favourite Anime : Rebuild Series Evangelion, Naruto, One Piece, SAO, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Deathnote, Claymore, Attack on Titans, Ao no Exorcist, Oreimo, and Baka to Test

Nice to meet you all!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 182 of 233